fourty-six

To: noahknight@gmail.com
Cc/Bcc:
Subject: final goodbye

Noah,
I guess this is it, huh? We're both finally going our separate ways? I know, it's been over for the longest time and it's crazy how long I've spent missing you and loving you, but now I know that it's got to stop somewhere.

And I guess that's today.

I always thought our love story would have the happiest ending of all time. When it didn't, I thought I would never love again. To be honest,  I don't think I'll ever love someone as much as I loved you. I know it's crazy, but who really forgets their whole love completely? It's impossible.

Listen, I'm just going to cut all this crap and just say what I need to. You changed my life forever. We had good memories and bad ones, but that's just like every other couple. I know I have to get over you, because this is not healthy for me anymore.

I found someone else. I'm not completely sure if I like him or not, I think I do. I'm not sure why I'm telling you this exactly, maybe it's because deep down I hope you see what you let go of, or maybe it's because I want you to know that there's a chance of me being happy again.

My worst fear is him hurting me like you did. I know he's different and all, but it's not like it's impossible. Everyone's capable of breaking someone's heart. Just like you broke mine.

But I'm ready to let go of that. It's time for me to be happy too.

I wish you the best of luck and a lifetime of happiness. May you find love with someone who's right for you, and treat her well at all times.

You'll always have a piece of my heart.

---
Sent on January 7, 2016