Chapter[2]

❤Zen❤

I stretch my arms and hands to the sky as I walk out of the school gate. I breathe in the fresh air, the taste of freedom from reading all the books. My mother was the one who told me to borrow books from the library to leave a good impression on myself.

Although I obeyed her orders, I did not want to do it at the beginning. The pain of the thought still lasted in my head.

"Ryu Hyun, pass me the ball!"

Dong Woo shouted at me. Soccer is like the best game in the world.
I'm so good at it now. I played it everyday with my friends, worked out just for it.

But when my mother sees me trying to do push ups, she would chuckle and say "Why are you doing push-ups at this age? Your too young. Your not handsome anyways, you ugly little duckling. You can't attract girls with just those strong arms."
At that time I felt my eyes welling up with tears but I would always try to hide them and run to my room to hide. I believed my mother, how dull I my hair was, how bloody red my eyes are, how f-... Wait what was that word again the word that my mother always uses?

She does not allow me to hang out with friends after school, but i lied to her that i was having remedials at school. I passed Dong Woo the ball. When the ball finally came back to me, I shoot it into the goal.
"Goal!" My team screamed in joy. They put their hands over my shoulder and said "Good job!".At that moment, from the corner of my eyes I spotted a familiar face peering through the window of a car. It was my mother. I felt my body shaking in fear as my proud smile faded into a frown. What in the world is she doing here? She was supposed to be at work. I saw her hand beckoning me to come over when she saw me looking at her.
"Sorry guys, I have to go."

"Aw, come on Ryu Hyun, just one last game?"

"I'm really sorry guys, I can't. I have to go." I said as I slowly walk away from them to the car. I didn't dare look back at them, their upset faces.

As I reached the car, my mother stretched her hand out from the window and grabbed me by the collar and pulled my head nearer to her as she whispered into my ear,

"How dare you little shit dare to disobey me. Fortunately, your teachers told me about your results. I'll deal with you later at home." She push me away and shouted at me to get in the car.

The ride back home was quiet. Neither me nor my mother talked.

The driver then broke the silence, "The two of you are related by blood. You should not be unhappy with each other. Why don't you talk about life,huh?" I saw my mother's face turn red. I did not know if it was because of the embarrassment or the anger.
She shouted at the driver "Shut up and drive." That was also the last time i heard the driver talk.

When we reached home my mother immediately pushed me into the house and grabbed my hair.
"I wanted you to study well and get a good job when you grow up, why is it so difficult for you to understand? I can't believe you disobeyed me and even played with your friends without my permission! You have been getting bad results and you still have not learnt you lesson you had from me the last time?" She shouted angrily and threw me on the floor. I wrapped my knees with my arms and rolled myself into a little ball as my mother hit me on the head and kicked me. I cried the whole time. I regretted disobeying her. It was a while when I suddenly felt that the kicking had stopped. I slowly turned around and realised my mother wasn't there anymore. I had heard a few sobs from my mother's room. I had not realised she had left . I always thought that all parents kick and hit their children. I always thought it was right-

The familiar buzz of my family driver's car driving over snapped me back to reality. I jumped up when I saw my brother sitting in the car. My brother ruffled my head and said,

"Hey little bro, I'm not going to school. So I can accompany you at home today."

My brother studies law in a law school. He don't usually come back home, so I'll only be seeing him occasionally.

I went to the fridge in the kitchen as soon as I got home to get something to eat. I'm starving. I opened the fridge and saw nothing in it. I sighed. When will my parents restock the fridge? I just went to the backyard and started day dreaming on the backyard 's bench. As I saw him walking in, I quickly reached to retrieve a book from a shelf(don't ask me why theres a shelf in my backyard).

"It's okay lil' brother, I don't bite." He joked.

"Of course, you won't. Your not cannibal."

My brother snorted, "You don't have a sense of humor at all."

"What's that?"

"Never mind. But haven't you been reading enough books to know that?"

"I-i-i do?" I stammered, afraid he would be angry.

"Anyways, you need to have a sense of humor so you can get a girlfriend easier next time."

"Mum says I'm ugly. Even if I have that I wouldn't even get one." I said sadly, looking at he ground.

"Oh. No,no,no lil bro. Actually... Mum was lying."

"What?"

"Let me tell you. You arnt ugly. You are actually really beautiful. I was a bit jealous of you everytime I see you. Mum just didn't want it to affect your studies, so you could be a successful man like me. But remember, I trust you that's why I'm willing to tell you this. I trust that you won't be that bad. You must still continue to study hard, okay?" My brother said, smiling sadly.

I was shocked at what he just said. Did he say.. I was actually beautiful? That Mum was just lying to me so that I can study hard? I clenched my fists. How could she?

"The truth hurts. I know. But remember, don't give up. By the way, you should really look at yourself in the mirror carefully." My brother smiled and walked away.

I looked at him walking away, my mouth open wide, still in shock after what he said.
************
Finally completed the chapter. I'm sorry guys for stopping the story halfway. I was actually stuck at one point. I changed a few parts of the story (including chapter 1 and prologue), you should reread and check them out! Remember to checkout my story 'Lonely Love'! I have also edited that too(the cover is changed!). Enjoy the new updates on my books!

FOLLOW MY FOLLOWERS! THEY POST GREAT STORIES!