Run Away

When sans brought me to grilbe's I didn't know what to think. There were a lot of monsters here and it got quiet when we walked in. Sans just glared at them and it got loud again. We walked to the bar him still holding my hand. He even helped me onto the stool. Then got on himself. "Two orders of fries and some mustard." He said.

Grilby walked into the back. "Why did you bring me here, to this place. It's warm here but not in the good way."

"Look kid, I ain't trying to be buddies with ya. But I can't have you starving until paps comes back. Then I can just let him deal with ya. Oh, here comes grilbs."

Grilby hands us the two plates of fries and mustard. 'Thank you' I sign and he seems to maybe regret something for a moment but abruptly turns around and walks away.

"Want some mustard kiddo? This stuff is pretty good." I just shake my head and look for some ketchup. Grilby seems to notice and brings the bottle over. I thank him again and put some off to the side of my fries. "You drink ketchup kid?"

'No I don't but it goes pretty good with fries and the like.' I sign before taking a bite. The fries tasted funny but grilby might just burn me to death and I'll have to do this all over again if I don't act like I like it. Sans talked with me for a while and I talked to him but something started to feel off.

My chest started to feel light, and strange. Almost like fire I guess. My hands were shaking and I was suddenly very light headed. I felt heavy, looking around slowly I spotted grilby. His flames looked less bright and shorter. I decided I needed to leave. I tried to get up but fell out of the seat. Sans must have noticed because he bought me on the floor. The last thing I remember was a glow in his eye as his mouth moved. What was he trying to say?
                                              ***
(Sans point of view)
This kid. She is always so kind. She even thanked Grilby when he brought the food. When she tried it she almost looked like she hated it, but ate it anyway. She must be scared grilbs would kill her or something. We talked for a while and the more we talked I started to notice how she was growing paler. She started to shake a little and seemed like she was starting to have other issues. When she caught site of Grilby she froze.

Then she looked almost sad. She started to move around uncomfortably, probably trying to get up. "Hey sweetheart, where are you-" she fell. I slowed her decent with my magic as I dove to catch her. "Sweetheart what's wrong, sweetheart?" I don't think she can hear me. Her eyes looked like they were trying to close. I shot Grilby a glance and he just shook his head. She was so cold.

She's still breathing. Paps will probably be coming in to finish her off soon. This kid. Her face almost covered in flowers and she's just. God I won't let her die. Not like this. So I used my shortcut to get us into me and paps house. "I'm sorry sweetheart, but your gonna be ok. J- just stay with me. I'm going to get some medicine." I lay her down on the floor and look around my lab. There must be something here I can use.

"Sa- sans I can't.. I can't die. Why are you panicking? Ev- everything... Will.. be" she stopped breathing. Damn it. I've got to hurry, but it was to late. I was back outside the shed again. Four... Four times. Why do I feel so strongly for this kid? I guess I'll just get some spaghetti from the fridge this time. I would like to avoid Grilby right now.
                                              ***
(Frisk)
I.. I died again. I got up and looked in the window. I was probably ten deaths away from being blind. I can't let sans see me die again. I felt my neck. A rope which I untied and left on the ground. Looking around I saw Flowey. He was asleep. Why hadn't I seen him before. Oh tape. I poked Flowey to wake him up and pulled off the tape. "Come on Flowey, let's get out of here."

"Yea frisk hurry before smiley trashbag comes back. We need to run."

"Flowey don't call him name's but yea let's run." I slowly opened the door and ran. I thought I heard something drop behind me but I didn't dare look back. I ran into puzzles and other monsters. I died sometimes trying to get past. Two deaths that's all I had left. Then I saw papyrus. I was dead. I don't even give it a second thought when I got back. Only sans was in front of me this time.

"Sweetheart, stop it. Your dying for nothing. Please let me help you. I can fix this. I can help you get your memories back. Just please stop this. I- I can't see you're anymore."

He was crying. So to make him stop I just nodded. It's not like I didn't like him. I did. When we were talking at grilbys. I don't know... I guess it felt safe. I felt safe around him.

He smiled at me tears still streaming down his face. He knew about the resets. He told me at grilbys, he told me a lot there. I told him what I knew too. Then I saw papyrus and I froze. My eyes were wide and I lowered my head. I knew what was coming next. Sans turned around to face his brother.

"SANS I SEE THAT YOU'VE FOUND A HUMAN. WHY ARE THEY STILL ALIVE. JUST KILL THEM AND TAKE THE SOUL. THAT IS THE LAST SOUL WE NEED. THEN WE CAN BE FREE AND TAKE WAR TO THE REST OF THOSE FILTHY HUMANS." A slight pause as papyrus stairs at his brother. Sans just looks down. "DON'T TELL ME YOUR TO LAZY TO ACTUALLY KILL THIS HUMAN. YOU ARE USELESS. JUST RIDING OFF OF MY SUCCESS AS A ROYAL GUARD."

"No brother that's not it at all. I.. I refuse to kill this human. No one will kill this human. No one will take frisk away from me. Not even her own urge to die. I.. I will protect her. Even from you papyrus."

I stared at sans... Sans liked me. I was covered in flowers and said so many negative things about myself and the world, and he liked me. "Sans no its ok." I look at papyrus and step away from sans so he's not so close to me when I die.

His eye glowed red and he turned around to me. Almost angry. "No your coming with me." He said grabbing my arm just as I got hit with a bone from papyrus, teleporting away. I fell when he got to the destination and started coughing. The bone had gone through my chest. Sans turned was scared. "Just give me a second sweetheart I can fix this." He was using magic again.

"It's ok sans I'll stay at me last point and... wait... for-" that was it. The last thing I saw was a blue flower. It glowed and whispered to me. I could hear the death wishes that were for the humans that fell. My soul felt lighter than it had been for a long time. It looked less grey when I saw it break.

(Dream) "This world has all these people in it and remember this. No matter what be kind. Don't give up because I don't want to see you lose hope just yet. You deserve a life. A better life then what I gave you sweety. My precious frisk. Don't forget to be kind. Always be kind some times kindness is all we can give. Sometimes... kindness... is e- enough."

My mother is dying. It was my fault. I made daddy mad, and he shot her when he ment to shot me. I was crying listening to her talk. 'Ok mommy.  I will always be kind. No  matter what happens I will smile and hold up me head. Say thank you. Everything. Just... just don't leave me.'

Her eyes were closed and she was pale. I waited for a response but it never came. My mother died. She died in my arms. "Mommy... can- can you hear me. Mommy. Please talk to me mommy."