Chapter 22 - Making up or making out

It was almost midnight and I couldn't sleep. I've been thinking about all sort of things since Jake left which was about 3 to 4 hours ago. I've thought about calling Derek to sort everything out but I'm too afraid. But I don't know if I'm more afraid if he answers the phone or not. If he answers I have to talk to him. I don't have any right to call him because I broke up with him but if he doesn't answer me I'll be hurt. I deserv that but it still wont be something fun to go through. I was holding my phone about to call him when someone knocked on my door. It had to be Zoey because no one else visits me this time of the night. Not even the nurses.

”Should I call Derek or not. I've been thinking about it alot since you left me today. What did he tell you on the phone? Is it a good idea for me to call him?” I asked without looking away from my phone.

”I don't think that's necessary.” Someone said. It wasn't Zoey but it was a voice I'd know anywhere. A voice I loved to hear the first thing in the morning. A voice I'd love to hear every morning for eternity. But that's not the case at the moment, I just hope that will change now even though I have no right to hope for it to happen.

”Derek? What are you doing here?” I asked. The shock was clear on my face. He's the last person I'd ever imagine being here.

”I came to talk to you.” Derek said as if it was obvious. I guess it was but why now? Why this time at night?

”Why now? It's midnight.” Derek looked like he didn't know where to stand. He was standing at the door when we started to talk but he was slowly moving towards me. He was now at the end of my bed. Without thinking about it I moved my feet so he could sit down at the end of the bed and he did just that which surprised me.

”Why not? And I've been thinking about it since Jake talked to me today but I've been talking myself out of it all day. Now I have no more reasons to keep away.” Derek said and ran a hand over my legs. I don't think he even was aware of it.

”What did you and Zoey talk about?” I asked him and for the first time in forever I looked him in the eyes. I had forgotten how beautiful they were. I almost couldn't hear him talk because of how hypnotising his eyes were.

”We talked about you but since you're her patient she couldn't say much about anything. Just that you've missed me. If that's so then why did you break up with me?”

”Because I didn't want you to look at me like I'd break any minut if you'd find out about my illness. I've gone through it before and I hated it!”

”So that really was the secret. You didn't think the principal would tell me? That's how I found out about it and I don't know what hurt the most. You not telling me or that you didn't trust me enough to not look at you differently.”

”Look at me! I'm in a hospital bed with my hair like a mess and greasy, no make-up, I'm pale as a ghost and so thin that it's unhealty.”

”And still you're as beautiful to me as always.” Derek said and took a hold of my hand. He drawn patterns on my hand with his thumb.

”I've missed you.” I said without thinking about it.

”I've missed you too.” It didn't look like he regretted saying it, it looked like he had thought it through even though he answered quickly.

Derek was leaning in to kiss me but I put my hand on his cheast to stop him. He looked hurt. Almost even more hurt now then when I broke up with him.

”I have something else to tell you before that can happen. I don't know how you'll react to this, that's why I stopped you.”

”And that is?” Derek asked but he didn't sound angry or upset. He sounded tired and hopeful. It was a weird mix of them but they were both still there.

”I don't know how to tell you this so I'm not even going to try to sugercode it. I'm pregnant.”

Derek looked shocked but it turned to happiness quickly. I was surprised about that but Derek has always been one to surprise me. He pulled me into his arms quickly but carefully since I had all the hospital things attached to me.

He kissed me after that and I've missed his kisses so much. Alot of emotions were mixed in the kiss, happiness, longing and love amongs other. I was just happy I didn't have a heart monitor attached to me because that would have been awkward.

We broke away from the kiss and smiled at each other. I've missed him so much. This is the man I love and the one that I will live with for the rest of my life, or I hope so atleast.

*^^*^^*^^*^^*

This is not the last chapter, there will be an epilogue! And if you want I can write this chapter in Derek's POV too but then atleast one of you have to comment saying you want that. I love all of you, you are amazing!

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan/follow me!!!!!