t w o

🌿🌌🌿

Feathering his back, warm as it held against his glistening skin, the sunlight felt like a fire scratching away at his expanse. It tingled him, threw him off as he desperately tried to pry his eyes open. Sealed by what felt like sand, he finally wiped his away with his fingertips, running them then through his damp, sweated out hair with a sigh.

"Joshua!" His mother's voice range out, and he groaned, using the palms of his hands to push him up as his muscles flawlessly held him up.

"Comin', mama!" Joshua's voice was rough, unused and shredded from sleep.

With steadiness, he slipped on a white t-shirt that was hanging helplessly across his bedsheets, fabric smoothing against his sweated out body, and with tired eyes, Joshua peered around before spotting some pants that were laid wrinkly on the floor. The brunet gave a soft hum as he made his way out of his room and down the stairs of his house, mind wandering a bit when he reached the final steps.

Getting a curious glint from his mother, who was standing by the door, a paper in her hand and a warmth running through them. "Head in the clouds, honey?"

Joshua grinned, shaking his head, the mere image of a certain pair of eyes flashing before him, and making his bones tremble. "No, mama, just worried of how hot it'll be today."

"Oh, don't ya' worry 'bout that, you'll be fine." She grinned, finding her son flying through the hallway and slipping his boots on with ease.

The brunet hummed in response, finally meeting his mother's eyes before eyeing the paper in her hands. "That for me?"

"Course it is! And I promise, everythin' is right with that! Your father even put the paint and painting supplies in your car!"

"Better have." Joshua chuckled, snatching the paper playfully away from his mother's hand, and giving her a small peck on the cheek. "I'll try my best to be home before supper."

"Better be." Laura mocked, watching as Joshua opened the front door, and making his way to his cherry red, F250. She led a sudden burst, hanging by the door as she yelled out."Make sure to cause no trouble for them!"

"I won't!" Joshua yelled back, peering back to his mother, who gave him a small smile before walking back inside. He grinned at her, a small wave gesturing a goodbye before she could, and then, met eyes with his baby. Softly as he could, Joshua smoothed his hand on the silver handle of the truck, opening the door without hesitance and pulling himself in.

It was a steady drive there, a certain cherry cheek boy pervading his mind as he crossed the bridge of that very creek, and he didn't even get lost driving.

Joshua was at ease.

💫

The white paint was indeed peeling off.

Joshua tsk'd, peering up to the two story house in front of him; it was a simple home, architecturally beautiful and nothing he's seen before. He was in awe, staring at the balcony above, eyeing the sheer curtain that hung gorgeously behind a glass door, before moving along to the front of the house where he was met with the sound of a door opening.

A women, fair with full brown eyes, met his own. Joshua gave an expectant look as she shouted out to him with a huge smile across her face.