Chapter: 2

Taylor didn't remember the last time she fell asleep scared and slept longer than she had before. With the door locked and the paintings around my room, she was almost done, with school, with reality. With her eyes slightly open, She turned across the bed, she looked at the picture of her mom, one of the last few photos taken of her before she had passed.
    Sudden foot steps came from the upstairs floor, right across my room. She didn't mind it cause she thought it was Ashton.
    Minutes later Taylor got up out of bed when she walked up to the door way, the light was still off, a shadow came in from the light outside the room.  She could see the feet facing straight out the door way. Taylor stepped back, and slid my hand into the drawer quietly pulling out the knife Ashton gave me. Taylor slowly unlocked the door. She didn't get a single second to open the door. She had been pushed down onto the bed, it was Ashton but it wasn't Ashton.
With her eyes closed, Taylor couldn't help but to continue stabbing him, more likely, it. Ashton had turned into one of them. At first she was lost, a zombie apocalypse was impossible. But it was happening. She tried her hardest not to scream as he kept trying to bite her. After five blows to the neck, she shoved the knife in his skull. Finally he had stopped.  
   Gasping, out of breath and in complete shock. She sat there as the blood dripped from his head to the carpet.
Taylor tried calling as many people on my phone as she could before any sort of connection would run out. But it was an apocalypse, not a hurricane.
All phone lines were still up and she still had a connection. Within only a few hours, Taylor had started repacking all of the food, choosing dried foods first. She walked down to fathers basement to see what was in store for her.  Turns out she was in a military heaven. He had everything from nine millimeters to a custom made assault rifle, with the part of an M4 and many more guns she didn't know about. Knowing her. Taylor packed them all.
She stepped outside and tried one more time to call JacobAfter seconds, Jacob still wouldn't answer. Completely stressed out, decided to head to one more place before leaving. My goal on survival, Texas. Everybody She knew that had the slightest idea on surviving a zombie apocalypse lived there. They would literally not go down with out a fight.
It was 11:30 at the time. She was off to the first location. St. Mariarch, 30 minutes away from her home,  and next to the funeral home where her mother laid, under a statue of an angel she had carved.