Maggies

"Maggies, Maggies!" My pulse started racing the room suddenly became freezing cold. I slammed my locker shut, crossed my fingers, and prayed it wasn't who I thought it was. When I opened my eyes, I saw him. His tall, dark figure looming over mine.

"Did ya miss me?" I turned and walked away from him. I heard him calling in the distance, "Maggies! Come on! Where are you going?" When I turned the corner, I ran to the bathroom. Why is it here? When did he get back? The last time I saw him... well, that was...

"Maggies, I have to tell you something," He said as I sat down on his bed.

What now? Another girl?" I laughed

He frowned. "No, I'm leaving."

"What do you mean leaving?"

"I mean," he sat down next to me, "I'm going to boarding school. And I leave tomorrow."

"What the hell, Luke! Why did you wait so long to tell me? Why would you do this? We were supposed to start freshman year together!" I felt the tears of red hot anger fall down my cheek.

"Maggies, I'm sorry. My parents are forcing me to go away. I would never leave you! You're my best friend." I hugged him tighter than ever before.

-

That was the last time I saw him Until today. I splashed my face with water and walked outside. In my English class, I wasn't thinking about reading Hamlet; I was thinking about Luke. You see, the reason it was so hard for me to say goodbye to him was that I had been in love with him for years, secretly, of course. And he thought of me as a boy. Luke Hemmings my best friend since 3rd grade, nothing more. At the time, I was an awkward, chubby tomboy; in my head, someone as beautiful as Luke never even looked at a girl like me. When he went to board school, my heart broke, but then he started ignoring me, and it felt like the end of the world. Of Course, we still followed each other on Instagram, and I saw that he grew up and became even hotter in the time he had gone, which in return, created a fuck boy. On Snapchat, I would see the parties and the drugs... and every single girl. Luke had about 5 serious girlfriends in 3 years, with who knows how many more in between. Oh, and he had a type. Blond hair, blue eyes. Never in a million years would he go for a girl like me—brown hair, Hazel eyes, kinda tall, size medium, not extra small. Now, I admit, I had my glow up. Turns out, growth spurts and braces do a lot for a person. I'm innocent, never even been kissed, never been to a party, we became totally different people.

~

When I got home from school, I threw myself down on my bed. Suddenly my phone buzzed.

Unknown Number:3237653985

Maggies. It's me. Come over, we should catch up!

~

It was like he watched me walk across the street because I didn't even knock, and he was standing in front of me; his beautiful blue eyes hadn't changed a bit, they still melted my heart. Suddenly I had fallen all over again.

"Maggies come in and say hi to my mom; she's been talking about you nonstop!"

"hi, Mrs. Hemmings! I shouted as we walked up the stairs." she smiled, said hi back, and proceeded to work in the kitchen.

"hey, you know last time we were here-"

" I know, you told about leaving" I gave a fake half-smile and awkwardly sat at the foot of his bed. Nothing had changed. he still had camo sheets and teenage mutant ninja turtle posters on his wall."wow, your mom has really kept your mom like a time capsule."

"I know it's creepy," he laughed and scratched the back of his neck. "so Maggies... you've obviously grown up, I mean like, wow, your actually a girl!" He teased me, knowing that I was a tomboy growing up.

" haha, thanks, you grew up too. I mean, one might call you to fuck boy!" he needed to know I could poke fun with him too. " so you spent the last three years partying and hooking up with everything in sight while I stayed home and studied."

"basically, but none of those chicks meant anything, I mean, I had fun, but it was all for the sex. I had the time of life at boarding school, but I'm happy to be home." He continued to explain to me his life at school and how he can't wait for college. Then he flipped the conversation to me. "So Maggies, any boyfriends?" I tensed up at this question; how do I explain that I spent freshman year pining for him, sophomore year studding, and Junior year prepping for college apps. We had completely different high school experiences.

"oh, no boys, just school and choir," I finally answered.

"wait, I have two things to say: one- you sing now? what happened to softball?" I tried to interrupt to explain that after he left, I stopped softball because playing catch in the front yard with my brother didn't feel the same without him. I had always liked to sing, but I thought he would think it was too girly. "two- NO BOYs?? like not even a first kiss! Come on, Maggies, I'm sure you're lying to me right now. You became, how do I say this... hot, like puberty hit you like a truck. how could you not have had a first kiss."

" I don't know, I'm busy. I don't go to parties, I just study and sing. that's my life, but I like it, oh and I go by Margret, no one calls me Maggies anymore," I answered. He didn't know to know that the moment I stepped in his front door, I fell in love with him all over again; that was just for me to know.

He stood up from his bed and looked down at me, damn he got tall, "Go get changed. I'm picking you up at 8; we are going to fix this little virgin lips problem you have."

To be continued...

~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- hey guys, please don't mind all my bad grammar in this lollll. So long story short, I started this in 2016. published, deleted, and rewrote in 2017. I added more to what I already had, so if the characters seem inconsistent, why. I ended up taking this in another direction than I planned, so if you like it, please tell me!