III. Unlucky

This Chapter is kind of a filler so beware.

I made this chapter extra long since it was late, enjoy.

Nanairō

We were all eating dinner in the cafeteria. "So Miyuki-kun. I heard you didn't have to try out for first string since Chris-senpai got injured in their last game." I heard a fellow first year as he moved to sit next to me, which I denied, since I got up and moved to the other end of the same table. That was the fifth time during dinner someone had asked the same question. Of course, there were rumors that I got my position in first string by default as well, but I quickly ended it.

Flashback

"Oi Nakatomi. I heard you got your spot by default. What'd you do? Pay off the coach and Takashima-san? Hey! Are you deaf or something? Answer-" I was on my feet in a split second and the second half of the second was spent when I grabbed him by the shirt and slammed him into the wall behind where I was sitting.

"Alright listen up retards, since you obviously can't take a hint that I'm ignoring your antics. I didn't get into First string by default or by some mistake. I've been playing baseball since I was 5. Meaning in contrast to most of you, I knew how to throw a baseball while you all were still trying to figure out how to use a toilet. I've worked for over ten years with professional baseball players on every skill I'd need. You all have no right to judge me or blame my early success on a mistake or call it a fluke. If anyone else has something to say about it then you can stand in the batters box and face my pitch head on, while Miyuki catches. Another thing, just because Miyuki became the first string catcher due to Chris-Senpai's injury, doesn't mean he isn't capable. It was no fluke that me, Miyuki and Kuramochi made first string, so next time I hear someone say something, you just remember you havent stood in the batters box while I've pitched and Miyuki has caught." Everyone in the cafeteria was silent as I dropped the boy and stepped out of the cafeteria, electing against eating breakfast.

Flashback End

The cafeteria went quiet for a few seconds and then resumed in volume. No one, not even Miyuki, had said anything to me since this morning because of my loss of composure. Nori came and sat across from me. I looked up at him. "Just because you had your fill of them talking about you, Miyuki, and Kuramochi, doesn't mean I'll just stop talking to you. You had a right to snap. That guy was all up in your face." I smiled at Nori. "Thanks, Nori. Not even Snake and Kuramochi have been talking to me. It's a relief that someone isn't acting like I'm a complete stranger." Nori smiled and nodded.

We had practice after dinner, so everyone left the cafeteria at about 7. Second string and third string didn't have practice, so everyone went their separate ways. I waved off Nori and walked after the rest of the first string. I noticed several sets of eyes on me, including my roommates and the partners in crime as well as Yuki Tetsuya. I sucked in a breath as someone opened their mouth to say something.

"FIRST STRING, START YOUR ALLOTTED RUN! GO!" We all took off running at the sound of the coach's voice. I was running faster than the others, so I quickly overcame Kuramochi who was also running fast. I was now infront of everyone and increasing the distance. I don't want someone to break my silent day just yet, so I should stay ahead of the others.

After about 10 laps, the others were getting tired but I wasn't really tired at all. The Seidō Alumni that worked with me made me run about 100 total laps around the field including the usual 60 and the additional 30-40 depending on if I made fielding mistakes since I turned 7. It was hard on my body at first, but now I can run for long distances and amounts of time comfortably. We still had another 30 laps to go and I was starting to feel bad for the others.