The Kiss

((Matt up top ^^))

"Bye" Libby and Riley walked out of the house and the cold whoosh of wind hit them hard,they shivered.
"Again thanks so much for letting me stay" Libby panted as she tried to keep up with Rileys walking pace.
"It's no problem really" She smiled and looked at the frosty leaves dropping from the trees.

Riley waved Libby goodbye from the bus stop and watched the bus turn a corner. She swung her body around quickly to make a start on walking home, but something, or rather someone caught her eye.

A boy with quiffed blonde hair stood in the bus stop opposite with a black bomber jacket and a brown shoulder bag, he was staring right at her.

Riley stiffed uncomfortably and started to walk home, she stuck her headphones in her ears and bleared twenty one pilots.

She felt something touched her back ever so slightly. She turn cautiously around not sure what she will find standing behind her. To her surprise it was the blonde boy.
"Hey" She stuttered and pulled one headphone out of her ear.
"Hi" the corners of his mouth curled up into a charming smile, Rileys knees got weak. "You don't remember me do you?" He spoke softly as if he was speaking to a sleepy child.
"Um no sorry" Riley was embarrassed.
"I'm Matt, you know we used to live next door to each other when we were like 5" confidence dropped from his words as he continued to stare at her.
"Matt?" She said trying hard to remember this stranger who stood before her. "Oh yeah, Matt. Your mum is Katie right?"
"Yeah" he chucked and his nose crinkled, it was really cute.
"Do you want me to walk you home? It's quite early to be wondering around on your own" he suggested.
"Sure" Riley said still unsure.

They walked side by side reminiscing on the past. Riley shivered as the wind blew through her hair.
"Take my coat" Matt offered. Riley nodded in reply and he stretched over her and placed it on her. Rileys heart skipped a beat. He was so charming.
"This is my stop" she pointed at the familiar old White House. She took Matts coat off and thanked him.
"Riley....I'm really sorry about your parents" Matt spoke slowly and every word he spoke he meant. Riley only smiled and did an awkward nod in reply, she didn't know what to say.
"Thanks again for walking me back" she turned around quickly but tripped over her own feet. Matt caught her and held her close, Riley didn't move.

Matt lifted her up like she was a feather and pulled her close to his warm body. Time stopped for Riley when she was with him, his embrace like a warm blanket. He licked his lips and slowly turned his head. Their lips touched gently and Riley's belly filled with butterflies.

She pulled back after a minute or two and stared at his face so close to hers. She gently placed her hand on his cheek and kissed him again before leaving to go to the house. She didn't turn around, because she knew he was still looking at her.

Riley slowly sat on the sofa not quite sure if what happened was real or not. A half naked Ryan walked in, she started at him with a distance look, like she was on another planet.
"You okay baby?" Ryan asked concerned by his sisters facial expression. Riley made a weird sound and Ryan just looked at her blankly and walked away.
"Where have u been Riles?" Charlie asked.
Riley cleared her throat, "took Libby to the bus stop" she said in a trance.
Charlie tilted his head and nodded. "So you going to tell me who that boy was I saw you walking with?"

Riley gulped.