The Unwanted Gift

Make sure to vote and become a fan, I would really appreciate it. <33 Thank you everyone who reads this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dangerous. Unpredictable. Uncontrollable. Everything is all my fault. The danger I have put my ones I love in. The death of my father. All of it. Every single bit. I blame myself, my mom blames me and I have been shut out by the only family I have ever known to have. All because of something I never wanted, something I will be stuck with for the rest of my life. About a month ago was when it all went downhill on my 15th birthday. The one I loved and trusted backstabbed me and killed  my father. The closest person in my life. The one I loved the most. Gone – Just like that. All because of a gift I never wanted.

          My mom is sending me to this school named to Kamundi because she thinks it is safer for me but obviously it is because she hates me and doesn’t care about me or what happens to me. Going from Memphis, Tennessee to Phoenix, Arizona was a long awkward, silent drive. The only words that were said were from my two year old sister, Mary. And all she said was ‘I made a poo!’ Then clapped her hands and giggled. I couldn’t help but smile at her. The rest of the ride was dead silent except for the small sounds coming from the radio.

          When my mom pulled up to Kamundi she said, “ Bye honey, I love you,” and my rubbed her hand down my silky dirty blonde hair then she kissed my forehead.

          “Love you too, mom.” I mumbled as I turned around to give Mary a kiss goodbye as she looked up at me with her beautiful blue eyes then I grabbed my luggage and went off to my new home. I watched them as they drove off, hoping to see them again. I turned around and my jaw dropped in amazement. The school was gorgeously huge. Every inch of the school was carved in some sort of amazing way. I couldn’t get over how amazing it was. Words cannot describe this and I felt the same way when I walked inside as well. I walked up to a desk where a cute little old lady was sitting down, looking at her computer.

          “Howdy ma’am, I am lookin’ for my schedule. I’m new here, my name is Avangalenne Wilson.”  The women looked me up and down inspecting me, then she looked at the computer screen.

          “Here we are hunny, you are in room --- 4376. That’s on the sixth floor at the very end of the hall, then take a left and then the next right. I know it sounds confusing, but I am sure you can find it,”  she smiled at me as she handed me my schedule.

          “Thank you ma’am,” I smiled and turned around  to head to my room.

          “Oh, hunny! I almost forgot, here is your room key! Silly me! Well you know how old people are, always forgetting things!” She teased. I laughed as I was grabbing the key. My skin bushed up against hers’. ‘She sure is cute and perky!’ She thought. I jumped back at the thought that I just read her mind. She didn’t say anything, her lips didn’t move, I must be going crazy. I have to be. Me? Reading minds? Yeah right. “Are you okay, hunny?” She said with concern.

          “Yeah, just in shock with the new school. It’s huge, I just hope I can find my way is all,” I reassured her.

          “Alright dear,” She said as I was off to my new room. My luggage in my hands and I was ready to face anything coming my way.

I was walking to my room, my hands were getting clammy and I got more nervous as I got closer. Would my roommates be nice? Would they accept me? Were they brats or super nice? Would they welcome me with open arms? So many questions would be answered as I walked through that door. I accepted my fate as I opened the door to see a boy laying on the empty bed texting and smiling. “Um— Howdy? Is this room 4376?” I asked a bit confused.