The Unwanted Gift ; Chapter 4

Vote, become a fan, read... you know the usual ;D <33

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was the worst first day of school of my life. A teacher was already out to get me, every time I see Sophie she gives me a dirty look, plus I got her other boyfriend expelled. To add on to that Will might know that I can read minds. But on the plus side, I still have Cambrie. She might be the only one I have left…

As I was walking to my dorm, everyone was staring at me and laughing. Why were they laughing? I started to walk a little faster when someone grabbed my arm and the thought of the b word went through my head. I turned to see it was Sophie. “Let go!” I yelled taking my arm out of her grip and I started to walk away again.

“I know about you. I know who you are I know what you can do,” she snapped. Right then and there I stopped walking and turned around to face her.

“What are you talking about?”

“You’re the one; you’re the girl who we have been waiting for, the person that only comes every century. I know who you are.”

“Okay, I have no idea what you are talking about. You have officially gone crazy, Sophie.”

“You know exactly what I am talking about. And if you don’t you will soon. Watch your back, Avangalenne. School for you here is about to be a living hell,” she started to walk away and then turned around again. “Oh and hey, rumors suck don’t they?”

“What are you talking about?” I was on the verge of crying my eyes out, but I was trying to make it seem like she was getting to me.

“You haven’t heard yet? Oh and I wouldn’t trust Will if I were you,” Sophie smirked and strutted away.

I turned around and I ran into Will as I was walking down the hall, “Are you okay?” Will asked putting his hand under my chin to see my face.

I tried to hold my tears back, “Um, yeah I am fine.”

Will wiped a tear running down my cheek, “No, you aren’t.” He looked into my eyes and without even touching I could read his thoughts. ‘You’re beautiful’ he thought.

I took a step back, “How do you know?”

“Know what?”

“You know what I am talking about. The mind thing, how did you know?”

“Because I have the same thing. I can do the same things you can.”

Not all the same.

“What do you mean?”

Oh great. I told Will everything Sophie told me, all down to the rumor, but I left out what she said about him. I can’t trust him?

“What’s the rumor?” Will asked.

“I have no idea. She didn’t tell me,” I said starting to tear up again.

He wiped my tears and hugged me, “I am so sorry, Avangalenne. This is all my fault.”

I stepped back, “This is not your fault, Will. Wait? If you could read minds, then didn’t you know that Sophie was cheating on you?”

“I did, but by going out with her I always knew James next move, where he was. I also knew you were coming because of Cambrie and her dreams,” we started walking towards the dorm and talking.

“With the whole mind thing, how do you not get headaches when you are walking through the halls? By the end of the day, my head is pounding in pain.”