Guess Who?

When I was younger, I saw my daddy cry

and curse at the wind

he broke his own heart and I watched

as he tried to reassemble it

- The Only exception by Paramore

Chapter 5

Guess Who?

4 Years Later

My phone rings and I roll over in bed to answer it. "Hello," I say groggy. "Time to get up sleepy head," Katie yells to me through the phone. I hold it away slightly before rolling my eyes. "Katie, you are such a dork/weirdo," I tell her laughing. She always did the strangest things. I sigh, and get up. "Do I have to get up, and go to school?" I ask.

"Yes, now hurry up and get dressed. I haven't seen you in forever," She says dramatically. "You just saw me Thursday!" I tell her expasseratly. She laughs and pushed end. I get up and grab some clothes before heading towards the bathroom. I took a quick shower before heading downstairs. Today is my first day as a Senior.

"Hey mom," I call as I step into the kitchen. "Hi Sweety," she responds and puts a plate of food in front of me. "Thank you," I respond politely. She nods, and I eat quickly. "Excited for today?" Mom asks. I think about it for a minute. "Yea I am," I tell her. She smiles and starts cleaning in vampire speed.

I pick up my bag and run outside to jump into mom's car with Jasper, Emmet, Alice, and Mom. We are still in Seattle. I don't think I could bear leaving behind my friends. My sisters and brothers didn't enroll in school until now. Our story is that they have been adopted over the years.

I get out and head to the office with everyone. I walk towards a nice looking woman who just started working here. "We're the Cullen Family, and we were wondering if you could give us our schedules," I ask nicely. She scowled a little before handing them over and not even saying anything. I roll my eyes at her rudeness and start walking outside.

We walk over to a deserted spot. "Everyone know the drill?" she asks. "Yea, we are all adopted because our mom can't have children, and Dad is the local doctor." I tell them. they nod in approval and we look over our schedules. I had most of my classes besides last period and 5th period with everyone.

I say my goodbyes and set off to Katie's blue PG Cruiser that just pulled in. I jump in the passenger seat. "Hey Katie," I tell her as I get in. I look over to find that it isn't Katie i'm looking at, but a guy I didn't know. I also find I jumped into the car next to hers. I sigh. "Wrong car again," I tell him. "Nice seeing you," I say and get out.

I get into Katie's cars this time and start laughing with her. "Did you see his face?" She asks. I laugh harder. "I didn't mean to do it," I tell her as my laughter dies down. Just then Paige and Valeria get into the back seat. "You guys should have seen what happened," I tell them. They look at me with confused faces.

"I accidentally hopped into that car next to us," I tell them. They start to laugh and when they calm down they ask what I said to him. I tell them and they go into another round of giggles. I glance at the black and get out. "Time to go," I tell them. They also get out and fallow me into the school. "What did he look like?" They ask at once. I laugh, but shrug. "I don't know. I only glanced at him." I say.

Katie pouts. "How sad," She says. "I wonder if her was cute." I roll my eyes at her and join Alice and Jasper in english. My morning classes go by pretty fast and soon enough it's lunch. I walk in with my friends and we pick a table near the back. I look around for my siblings, but don't see them. I pick out a salad.

I sit down and everyone joins me. "So, what are we doing this..." Paige says, but cuts off as someone pulls out a chair and joins us. I look at the boy who has joined us. He has pale skin and messy bronze hair. His eyes are covered with shades. "Hi," Katie says. i shoot a warning glance at her. "Hello. My names James Mason," He tells us. I don't trust this guy.

"Aren't you hungry?" I ask gesturing to the empty spot on the table in front of him. He smiles slightly like he's remembering an inside joke. "No, I ate earlier. I am pretty sure he's a vampire. I pull out my phone and text mom under the table.

I think there's a vampire here -A

Go outside, and i'll meet you there-M

Okay -A

"Sorry guys. I was just asking mom if she wanted to see a movie tonight," I say after looking at there suspicious looks. They remain suspicous, but nod and turn back to James who is watching me intently. "It's rude to stare," I tell him rudely. He smiles. I roll my eyes and get up. "I got to go, but i'll see you guys later." I tell my friends.

"Have fun," Katie says. I smile and dump my tray. I walk outside to wait for mom. She appears out of nowhere and hugs me. "Are you okay?" she asks checking me over. I laugh lightly at her mothering. "Yes i'm fine." I tell her. She nods. "What did he look like?" she asks. "Bronze hair, pale skin, beautiful," I tell her.

He was wearing reflective glasses just like the ones you're wearing now," I say. She looks thoughtfully for a minute. "I wonder if it's Edward," she whispers hopefully. Edward, moms brother, was left behind in Forks so many years ago. I can't even remember what he looks like. Esmé was so sad that he left and she put away any pictures of him.

I didn't blame her. I missed him sometimes to. He probably doesn't recognize me. "I'll try to lure him out here," I tell her. she nods and I set out for the school. I'm in luck when I see him in the hall. "James," I call. "Come here for a second." He turns and walks over to me. I lead him outside. "Where are we going?" he asks.

I sigh. "Just fallow me." I say. I make my way back to mom. "Is it him?" I whisper. She nods. I turn back to him. "Welcome back Edward." I tell him. We finally had him back. I wonder if he even remember us. Maybe Bella brainwashed him. "Rosalie," He whispers unsurly.