31

Jacob's in his skinny jeans and in a tank top hoodie. His hair is pulled back with a black headband, and he's on his board, hands in his hoodie pocket, skating down the empty pavement. It's the beginning of September, and UNI is going to be starting in just under a few weeks, so he and Caspar had to meet up at a later time due to more people being present on the campus.

He finds his best mate practising ollies by the stairs, cursing at himself when he slips and messes up.

"Rodney Mullen would be ashamed," he calls out, slowing his board so he can step off of it and pick it up.

Caspar flips him off.

Jacob walks over to him, holding his board against his hip and smiling, "Why hello your pretension ass," Jacob coughs, "I mean- artist."

Caspar snorts, shaking his head, "Don't pretend like you didn't like the piece of you and Curly."

He scoffs, popping his hip, "That's because I was taking it as a much better apology than your last one."

Caspar rolls his eyes, standing up on his board and moving his feet and legs so it swishes back and forth. "Speaking of Troye, how's he doing?"

Jacob sighs, looking to the ground, "He's, uh," he starts, soft smile spreading over his face, "he's doing really well, actually. He's talking to a therapist."

Caspar's eyes widen, "Seriously?"

"Yeah," Jacob grins, "he is."

Caspar shakes his head, "that's- that's fucking fantastic, dude" he says, jumping off his board to wrap Jacob in a hug. "So fucking great," he murmurs under his breath, smiling.

Jacob is squeezed tightly, and his board drops to the ground. "Caspar, I swear to go-"

Caspar shuts him up by slapping his ass, "Better hold on tight, bud."

Jacob pushes Caspar to the ground, causing his pack of cigarettes to smush underneath him. "Jacob!" Caspar quickly tries to save as many as he can.

It only takes a moment for Jacob to give in, but once he does, he sighs deeply, holding his hand out to Caspar, "Here, give me some, I'll help you out."

"Better," Caspar mumbles, dumping half of the cigs out and handing them over to Jacob.

Jacob carefully rolls them between his fingers, trying to de-flat them, but not break the fragile wrap that surrounds them. It only takes a moment, but soon he is looking at them as he rolls them, and the difference is subtle but there, and he's snorting, "Caspar Lee, have you got yourself some blunts here?"

Caspar glances up through his hair that hangs over his face, smiling wickedly, "You'll never believe who got it for me."

His interest is peaked, and Jacob finds his eyes widening as he leans, eyebrows raised, "Yeah? You gonna tell me?"

"Joe," Caspar smirks, stuffing the one that Jacob had already reformed and set in the grass back into the box.

"Uh," Jacob furrows his eyebrows, "yeah.... okay. Now tell me who really got you some weed."

"I'm serious!" Caspar says in defence, his eyes meeting Jacob's, "one of the patients he got to help nurse grabbed him by the arm before he left the room and slipped him some of his medical stuff, told him something about winding down because he knew he was an intern, I don't know."

"Wait, wait, wait," Jacob shakes his head in disbelief, "so a patient slipped Joe some medical weed?"

"Yup," Caspar starts to fix the rest of his cigs and spliffs, and continues, "He even smoked a couple joints with me. But joints go too fast, so I figured I'd just make some spliffs so it'd last longer, y'know?"