Strawberry Tart

"James, can you buy me that strawberry tart we saw from the shop near the church pleaseee!" Nadine used her puppy-convincing eyes hoping James would fall for it and take her request.

"But love, it's late in the evening. I think it's already closed. I'll buy it tomorrow." James said and closed his eyes. Seriously, Nadine and her cravings are always distracting him from his sleep.

"Ay sige na! I'm craving it right now not tomorrow."

"Love, I told you it's closed already."

"Eh di 'wag! How do you even know it's closed eh hindi ka pa naman pumupunta? Sus you're just lazy." That made James open his eyes.

"Is this what really happens when your wife is pregnant?" James thought to himself.

"Umalis ka nga diyan, wala kang silbi." James' mouth went agape.

James got out of bed and took his phone from the table. He swiftly went downstairs and decided to call Mommy My, hoping she's still awake.

Mommy My answered on the 4th ring.

"Hi Ma. Sorry for disturbing." James sounded so sad.

"James, anak okay lang.What's wrong?"

"Uhm, can you look after Nadine tomorrow? I have endorsement shoots. I'll be out by 10 am and probably be home by 5 pm." James sniffed.

"Oo naman no problem yan. Pero James, are you crying? Nag-away ba kayo?"

"Thank you Ma. Uhm, this is nothing sipon lang 'to." James sniffed again.

"Naku anak, 'wag kang magsinungaling. What's wrong?"

"You know, Nadine and her cravings. She told me to buy strawberry tart but I told her the shop's already closed so she got mad and told me that I am lazy and wala akong silbi."

"Hay, pagpasensyahan mo muna si Nadine. Kakausapin ko yan bukas."

"Thank you Ma!"

"No, thank you James. Thank you for always being patient with Nadine. Sige matulog ka na. Good night anak."

"Good night Ma."

James laid down on the living room couch and dozed off to sleep.

---

"James, anak. Gising na." James felt that someone was softly tapping his arm. James opened his eyes.

"Uh, hi Ma. Good morning." James sat up and kissed Mommy My on the cheeks.

"Good morning! Bakit ka dito natulog?... Ah wait pinaalis ka ba ni Nadine?"

"Sadly, yes."

"Hay eto talagang si buntis. Sorry talaga, pagsasabihan ko yun mamaya."

"No, it's okay. I got this."

"Hindi anak, naaawa ako sa'yo. I know you're tired from working hard for your future tapos sasabihan ka lang na walang silbi. Sesermonan ko siya mamaya." Mommy My smiled.

"Thank you Ma! Ligo muna ako." He glanced at the clock. It was almost 9.

"Sige."

James silently made his way to their en-suite, trying not to wake Nadine up. While on his way, he glanced at Nadine.

"Still so beautiful." James thought to himself.

James went inside the bathroom and took a bath. Then, he dressed up.

"Bye Ma, see you later." James said and kissed Mommy My's cheek.

"Bye anak. Ako na bahala kay Nadine. Mag ingat ka."

---

James finished his shoot around 4:45. He decided to visit the tart store and buy strawberry tart for Nadine. He checked the store hours and it says: 'Monday to Friday 9:00 am - 8:30 pm Saturday to Sunday 11:00 am-10:00 pm'. It was almost 11 when Nadine was craving strawberry tart.

He drove back to their house with 2 boxes of strawberry tart.

"Hi Ma where is Nadine?"

"Nasa taas, she told me she was tired eh wala namang ginawa kundi kumain tsaka manood ng tv." James chuckled.

"Sige ma. I brought srawberry tart. This one is for you and Papa and my siblings." James gave the other one box of tart to Mommy My.

"Thank you James. Nag-abala ka pa talaga." James smiled.

"Are you gonna be here for dinner?" James asked.

"Hindi na nak, Dong is on his way na."

"Ah sige thank you Ma! I'll go upstairs."

"Sige anak."

James ran going to their room. He was hoping Nadine is not mad at him anymore.

"Hi love!" James exclaimed. Nadine was sitting on the bed.

"I brought strawberry tart!" James added and went closer to Nadine. James knelt down facing Nadine.

"Diba I told you I was craving it last night only and not today?" Nadine kept a straight face while James frowned. He was about to stand up but Nadine stopped him.

"De joke lang love, I'm sorryyyyy." Nadine said and hugged James tightly completely forgetting about her baby bump.

"Naddie, your bump." James broke from the hug.

"Oops sorry baby." Nadine caressed her tummy.

"Anyway James, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to say all those harsh words last night. Siguro part talaga yun sa pagbubuntis ko. Our baby is making me crazy."

"Baby, you have to get out of Mommy's tummy right now so she would not be crazy anymore. And I want Mommy and I to play again so you would have a sibling na." James kissed Nadine's tummy.

"Hoy James grabe ka! Sibling agad? Diba I told you atleast 1 year? And kung may bago na namang baby, eh di I would go crazy na naman."

"Sorry na. Anything you want my love. But we can still play diba?" James winked.

"Whatever."

"But Naddie, we haven't done it for 2 months already! That is an absolute torture for me."

"Torture for you only? Ako rin noh!"

"So shall we? Right now?" James smirked.

"James! Ano ba!? Our baby!"

"Sorry baby, Daddy just can't wait until you get out of Mommy's tummy." James started tickling Nadine.

"Huy James stop it!" Nadine was giggling.

James stopped when Mommy My called them.

"Nadine! James! Aalis na ako!"

They immediately stood up. Nadine stuck her tongue out while James pouted.

"I'm not done with you Mrs. Reid." James said which earned a giggle from Nadine.