Chapter One

Karla tossed and turned in her queen size bed. She was having a hard time sleeping. Karla grabbed her phone of his her bedside table to check the time. 1:47 am.

Karla's screensaver made her smile, although she was so tired. It was a picture of her and Marc. Marc wasn't her boyfriend, but he was much more worthy than the friends with benefits title. 

Karla thought about calling him and telling him to come over, but she knew she couldn't do that. Marc was probably asleep and she knew he didn't play about his sleep. 

Karla rose from her bed and went into her bathroom. She walked over to the sink and splashed herself in the face with some water.

"Get yourself together, Karla." She told herself in the mirror. A smile slowly crept upon Karla's face as she remembered her and Marc's rendezvous. Just two night's ago, Marc had her bent over in front of this mirror. Karla loved it. She loved it because she could she all his love faces and everything that he was doing. While in the mirror, Marc's face read that he was in love with her, but Karla knew that Marc could never love her because he didn't see her in that light.

Karla sighed and walked out of the bathroom and back into her bed. 

No matter how many times she tried to close her eyes and fall asleep, it never worked. The only thing that was occupying Karla's mind was Marc.

She grabbed her phone once again to check the time again. 2:00 am.

Karla couldn't wait until tomorrow and she wasn't going to. She unlocked her phone and went to Marc's contact. She hesitated to press the call button but pressed it anyway. After a few rings, it went to Marc's voice. 

"Marc, please answer. I need you."

Karla was about to call back again, but she received a text message.

Marc: Not tonight, K.

Karla: If not tonight, then when?

Marc: idk

Karla slammed her phone back on her bedside table. She realized that she was being selfish, but she couldn't help it. In their little relationship, Marc was always calling the shots. Marc would always decide when they would meet up.

"Come and see me." He would say, then he would say, "Come and see me for once."

But what about Karla's needs. Marc never came to her, it was always 'come and see me.'

"Why you never come? Will you ever come?" Karla asked. 

Karla said up against her headboard and placed her head in her hands. She had caught feelings for a man who will never have feelings for her. A man who doesn't even satisfy her needs when she needs him the most.

~~~

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.