Chapter 10

-Sydney-

Sydney stood in her room, adjusting her tight, strapless, black dress that hugged her torso, hips and chest, showing off her curves and emphasizing her breasts.

"You look hot, girl" Valerie commented from the bed she was lounging on, twirling a licorice vine around before taking a bite.

Sydney's cheeks burned, matching her hair, which was straight and pinned to the side, topped with a black fedora. "Thanks" she mumbled.

Valerie smirked, "Bruno's jaw will drop." She said, then reached into the bag she brought that held the dress and produced black stiletto heels. "And these, are killer. He'll be begging to strip you down" she said.

Sydney blushed even deeper, looking down.

"Hmm, that blush tells me something. What happened?" Valerie asked, arching an all-too-knowing brow.

Sydney bit her lip, "he's kinda seen me... naked" she said softly.

"What do you mean 'kinda'?"

"It was by accident. I was taking a shower and when I finished, i walked into the room without a towel, finding him sitting on the bed."

"Then what happened?" Valerie asked.

"I ran back into the bathroom and grabbed my towel before coming back out" Sydney said.

Valerie laughed, "aw."

"It was horrible"

"Not to him" she smirked.

"Shut up" Sydney said, slipping the heels on, sighing, "your fashion is gonna be the death of me"

"You'll love me" Valerie said.

Sydney rolled her eyes, "whatever, I'm leaving now"

"Okay, have fun. Use protection" Valerie said.

She blushed, "shut up" she said, leaving the room. However, her heart was pounding. Were they even going to go all the way tonight? If they did, did she have any protection? Did -he-? She was nervously chewing on her lip as she made her way down the hall to the stairs. Was she even ready to go all the way with him? Hell, she's thought about it, -dreamed- about it even, but was she truly ready? Maybe she was. But what would she do if they -did- go all the way? Would one of them panic before they even start? Would he push her into doing it? She's lived with Bruno long enough to know that he was a gentle guy, she couldn't imagine him being rough, but looks could be deceiving. She learned that the hard way with her own brother. The real question was: was -he- even ready? They've only kissed a few times in the past month that they've began 'dating' and it didn't seem like he was eager to get into bed with her. Well, then again, maybe he was and she didn't notice or maybe he didn't want to show it. He probably thought she didn't want to and was afraid she'd call him out on thinking about sleeping with her. It wasn't like she could ask him. She could barely talk to the guy, let alone ask him if he wanted to have sex with her.

God, this was confusing.

Sydney sighed, then stepped into the living room, finding Bruno sitting on his couch, waiting for her.

At the sound of her footsteps he looked up at her, and sure enough, his jaw dropped. He blinked before standing, "wow Sydney. You look amazing" he commented, which to Sydney, sounded breathless.

She blushed, "thanks"

He smiled, then took her hand, "ready to go?"

She nodded, "yeah, I'm ready"

"Great" he said, then led her out to his limo. He let her in first, then got in with her, telling the driver the directions. "Hope you don't mind Chinese, Syd"