Chapter 1

"I promise Lyanna, I'll get the ticket." Says Kyle. I've known Kyle for so long, we met in grade three and now we are the best of friends...Well we used to be... I started liking him but he didn't feel the same. "Are you sure?" I say with a worried look. I normally can depend on Kyle, but not after that night. He runs his hand threw his short black hair and looks at me. Oh, why does he have to stare into my eyes. It already kills me that he isn't looking for a relationship with me. His blue eyes sparkle into mine, I swear if this wasn't real I would be drooling over him right now.

"Um Lyanna?" He waves his hand in front of my face. "Sorry Kyle, but anyway...are you sure it isn't a big deal to get me the tickets?" I hate when people do to much for me. "Its not a problem, I know how much it means to you to go to the masquerade" He smiles. Oh my gosh his smile is perfect, I could go on all day about how handsome he is. "Look, if it is to much tr-" He cuts me off. "I know that since that night I don't seem like a good person, but I am, just please forget what I did. I was stupid" He mumbles, I can tell it is very shameful for him to think of what he did... "Lyanna, I wont ever hurt you again, I know its awkward for me to get you the tickets for you. You know I cant forgive myself for that and I never will. I am getting those tickets, no matter what!" He says with a serious face and then walks away without a goodbye

Kyle fades into the crowd of people and I look around for a good store in the mall, now that I'm going to the masquerade, I need a dress. But I don't even have a date...I could ask Kyle? No. I look around in Macy's and Bebe and there is nothing I'm looking for. "Could I help you out in any way ma'am?" The young lady says. Wow, I wish I looked like her. She has long blonde hair with brown highlights. The sparkly green dress shes wearing looks absolutely beautiful on her. "Well, I have a masquerade to go to, its a public thing so there will be there will be all ages...I want to look mature but not too old." I say. The lady smiles and tells me I should try going to Lulu's. She surprises me by pulling me into Lulu's and leaves me standing alone while she gets me a dress. 

"Hey watch it!" a deep voice yells while running into me.

I turn around to see a tall boy, not just a boy, hes handsome. His curly brown hair is flowing perfectly, how does he style it like that? Hes wearing a black t-shirt and his tattoos run all over his arms. I seemed to have forgot what just happened.

"Your the one who ran into me!" I shoot back.

"I don't give a shit." He says and he green eyes stare directly into mine.

I sigh and walk past him, I don't care if hes ticked off, I don't even know him.

I find the lady with dresses coming toward me with a huge smile. "These are perfect for you!" Shes holding two dresses, one of them is a beautiful dark red, I'm in love with it already. The neck line is a V shape and it goes as far to just above my knees. Its glittery to the waist and then its plain from then on. The other dress is black, its a pencil dress. I love the black dress because it shoes my sexy side...but I can't pull off that dress. "I want to try the red one please" I say with excitement. She hands my the dress and I glad fully head to the dressing room.

For a moment, I just stare at myself. I think about how I look. I look in the mirror and see my hazel, brown eyes. I see my wavy brown hair to. My hair is highlighted with blonde streaks but I feel like it should change it. Every girl has there doubts about there body... I'm not skinny but I'm slim. I have hips, that's the one thing I do like about myself. My height is medium, I'm probably about 5'5. I strip down my jeans and old sweat shirt. The dress looks so pretty just on the hanger. I grab the dress and put it on, I adjust it and stare for a few seconds. I'm unsure if I like it or not, but I defiantly don't hate it. I twirl around and check to see how slim I can look in it. Tights? no, I can pull of this dress, I've got long legs, or so I've been told and I'm happy with my legs to be honest. I actually look decent. "Can I see?" the lady knocks and it makes me jump but I laugh quietly. "Yeah for sure" I say. I open the door and the lady's eyes widen. "Oh my god, you look stunning!" she says and puts down the other dress she had for me. "You think so?" "Defiantly, whats your name anyway?" "Its Lyanna, Lyanna Stevens."

"My name is Sydney, nice to meet you" She reaches her hand to shake mine. "Nice to meet you to!"

"So, which collage do you go to?" she says. I laugh silently. "No, I'm still in high school, but only about a year and a half left." The women gives me a surprised look. "Really? You look older than that! In that dress, you look very mature but very beautiful." She replies. "Aw, well thank you so much. But no I'm still in high school, Grade eleven isn't that bad to me, I am awfully excited for collage though" 

Sydney and I chat in the store for a while, every now and then she would help out other customers but I would stand and agree with how every one of the girls looked very stunning. I buy the dress and tell Sydney that we should go for coffee sometime. "I would love to, how about next week sometime"

"Awesome" I'm actually quite excited to make a new friend. 

I head towards the exit of the store but Sydney yells my name "Lyanna wait!" I turn around. "Good luck at your Masquerade!" She smiles. Shes a very sweet person. I give her a smile and nod and walk out of the store. Oh no. Its rush hour.

I squirm my way threw the crowd and out the mall doors. I reach in my purse and dig around for my phone. Its gone.

Great, this is just completely great, I don't have a phone to call a cab, I don't have a car and im freezing.

"Hello?" My mother speaks into the phone. "Hi mom, Im using a payphone, could you pick me up please?" "Yeah sure, where are you?" "Im at the Northgate Mall" "Okay, i'll be there in about thirty minutes." 

I hang up the phone and wait inside the mall, thinking of the masquerade. Thinking of Kyle.