chapter 2: the incident (flash back)

Ugh! Summer is almost over?! Today is my last Saturday of summer break. I'm Jenna Hathaway and Monday I'll be a highschool Jr. And all I did this summer was watch TV. Now I've watched all seasons of American Horror Story like 10 times. Well I guess it was worth it since I got to see Evan peters. Ah Evan peters...OK, OK back to the point, I haven't done anything cool. Oh whatever... Maybe I can go for a walk in the park? Never mind I'm too lazy.

I look through all the channels, then see the News channel. The News person says that there's 10 highschool girls that have gone missing. "Oh ma gir!" ( I say "Oh ma gir" instead of oh my god or gosh. I don't know why). Thank goodness I'm lazy and didn't take that walk.

My phone buzzes and I see I have a text from Nick. Nick is my best friend with brown hair and brown eyes and is almost a foot taller than me ( I guess I'm sort of short ) and I sort of have a crush on him.

Nick: I'm having a party at my place wanna come?

Jenna: Sure, I'm just home being a couch potato any way. What time?

Nick: LOL. It's at 10:00 but I want you to come at 9:00. To help me get the party all set up. Is that OK?

Jenna: Sure, I'll call you when I'm ready for you to come pick me up.

Nick: K, see you then

Yes a party! Finally I won't be bored! Nick is popular so he has lots of parties and they're always awesome! His dad is always at work so he can have them whenever! He says since he's so popular it's his "job" to host awesome parties. Ha how cocky. He usually has me come earlier than everyone else so I can help him set up the booze and food.

So its 8:30 that means I only have 30 minutes to get ready?! I quickly brush my hair and comb my bangs to the side. Then I put on my twenty øne piløts tank top and I put on my jeans. And then I put on a simple black choker. Ha yeah, my style is sort of Gothic. I quickly slip on my converse and text Nick to come and pick me up.

I live at my aunt's house because just last year my parents were... murdered. I really miss them, they were amazing parents. I love them so much. The only other family I had was her. So I have to live with her. I wish I had other family. But no all I have is her. She's always drunk or hungover sleeping on the couch, from being drunk the night before. Her nick name for me is " little bitch".

One night she brought her boyfriend over and was about to rape me. My aunt walked in before he could. And kicked him out. I thought she kicked him out because what he was gonna do to me because I thought she cared about me... I thought wrong. When he left she said " I can't believe he tried cheating on me...with you little WHORE!" Then she through a beer bottle at me, but missed and hit the wall. That's why I hate her and she hates me.

I hear a car pull up outside. I go outside and see nick in his car. I go in his car and we go to his place. I walk in his house and see he hasn't even started on getting the party ready! We're gonna have a lot of work to do. I turn around and look at nick and ask him " Okay what do you want me to start helping you with?" Nick just starts chuckling and says "Oh, Jenna you're so naive." Wait what? What is he talking about? I ask "what?" But he just starts chuckling louder.

Before I could even run I see nick grab a syringe out of his pocket. He stabs me in the arm with it. I try to push him away but whatever he injected me with made me weak. I'm so weak I can hardly move now. I start to see black spots, until I can't see anything. Everything blacks out.

I wake up, it's freezing. I look at my body and see that I'm laying down on a metal table. I try to move my arms and legs but they're tied down with leather. Where am I? It looks like a really dark room. My eyes start to adjust to the dark and I realize it's Nick's basement. Wait! Nick did this to me?! Why?! Why me?! What's going on?! What is he going to do to me?! I start to think all these crazy questions and thoughts. All I know is I need to get out of here. So I do the first thing that comes to mind. I scream " help!" As loud as I can. Then the lights turn on. I see someone walking down the stairs into the basement. My eyes start to adjust to the sudden light and I realize it's nick.

He starts laughing and says " Jenna are you really that stupid? Of course I soundproofed the basement. You can scream as loud as you want, no one will hear you." I yell "Your dad will hear me once he comes back from work!" Nick say "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you my dad is taking a month long business trip." He smirks a cocky smirk.

He walks closer to the table I'm on and he says " hey Jenna I want to tell you something about me." I look at him scared and confused at the same time. He says "you've probably seen the News, so you know about that serial kidnapper. I have a confession to make...I'm that serial kidnapper or should I say serial killer." He's joking right? He has to be. He's sweet and nice he couldn't kill.

I start to cry while saying " No! You're lying!" Nick says " what you don't believe me?" He walks up to a closet in the basement and says " look!" Angrily before opening it. I turn my head on the table to see what's in the closet. Right away I quickly turn my head the opposite way and start sobbing and crying loudly. I scream " help!" " He-lp!!!" Nick just starts laughing.