Umbrella

Kai stepped inside the empty apartment, closing off his wet umbrella before walking on the carpeted floor, afraid of what you might say later on. He brushed off the beads of water that showered him from the heavy rain outside, looking around the apartment with you nowhere to be found. “_______.” he called out, turning on the lights from the dim living room, wondering if you had already came home from work. Walking towards your shared room, he found just darkness filling in the space, you nowhere to be found. ‘She must still be at work.’ He thought, wondering if you would be okay in the rain. But, knowing you, you probably wouldn’t even check the weather, better yet bring an umbrella to shield you from the pouring rain.

“Aish..” you cursed yourself, rounding up and stacking the big piles of paper from the conference room after the meeting had been dismissed. You knew Jongin would have been worried by now, since you forgot to text him before the meeting to say that you would be going home late. Sighing, being an intern was definitely hard; being bossed around, staying later than most of the people from your team, and with the stress building up was something you hadn’t thought would be as hard. Shaking off those negative thoughts, you exited the conference room with the heavy bulk of papers, failing to know your own strength as you failed to manage to keep them in order when you hit something or someone.

“Omo!” you screamed, the papers falling from your hands as you hit, more specifically, someone. Looking up, it was none other than your boss, Kris. Just. Your. Luck.

“Hey there.” he charmingly chuckled at your clumsiness. “Are you okay?” he asked in concern, already swiftly squatting down to pick up the fallen pieces of papers.

Blinking from the realization, you quickly followed suit, helping out with the gathering of the fallen things. “I am so sorry, Sir. I didn’t see from those papers.” you said apologetically, trying to stack the papers, again, quickly so that your boss wouldn’t have to do all the work. Though, looking at his pile, he already had half done, not to mention how neatly they were piled up.

He looked at you with kind eyes, smiling as he shook his head. “Are you okay?” he repeated.

Kim Jongin drove back to your company’s parking lot, excited to see the look on your face for his little surprise. He had already gotten a text from you that you were going to be a little late, but he figured if he showed up unexpected, you’d be glad to be taken away and maybe go out to eat for a romantic dinner.

“And that’s the last of it.” Kris chuckled, stacking the very last piece of paper back to the storage room in the cabinets where they belonged.

You looked at him in amazement, dazzled by his unique charm and confidence with everything that he did. “Thank you so much.” you smiled. Over the course of him helping out, you found out he wasn’t as intimidating as you thought he seemed. He was actually cool. “I don’t know what I would’ve done without you, Sir.”

“Oh come on!” he whined, leading you out of the storage room back to the office with the small cubicles, heading towards where your’s was. “Just Kris is fine, really.” he gave out one of his thousand dollar smile. “There’s no one here and it’s just the two of us. So please, it’d be nice to be called Kris for once.” he spoke, walking closer and closer towards you, until you hit the cold wall.

“S-S... Kris-ssi.” you stuttered, turning your head away. Sure he was attractive and charming, but you couldn’t do this to Kai. How unfair would that be?

“See it isn’t that hard right?” he whispered close to your ear, caressing the side of your cheek. “Who knows, maybe tomorrow you’ll be a part of our team as the new AE and not an intern anymore.” he added, now even more seductively, cupping your chin to make you look at him.