Chapter Two

//Third Person POV//

Carter woke up slowly, her neck hurting immensely. She felt someone nudging her back, telling her to wake up.

"Mom?" She asked groggily. She wasn't sure if the person actually understood her though, because they didn't answer.

Carter sat up, her eyes still closed. To be honest, she was a bit scared of what she would see.

"Wake up, Carter." A woman's soft voice said, coaxing her to open her eyes.

Carter opened her eyes and saw that the person standing above her was a pretty middle aged woman with blond hair. Carter saw that she was also lying on a dark green cot in the middle of a giant cabin filled with other empty cots.
(Pic below)

"Uh, how do you know my name?" Carter managed to ask, her brown eyes wide

The woman didn't answer. Instead, she stood up.

"My name is Lorane. I am the leader of the rebellion." The woman-Lorane-said randomly.

"What? Rebellion? Where am I?" Carter asked, a bit annoyed at the woman's curt tone.

"You are in the woods. The Community has left you for dead. You are in a camp, a safe haven for the poor souls whom the Community has dubbed 'imperfect'." She explained calmly.

"So... Other... People... Are here?"

"Yes, others like you and I are here. And we are known as the Rebellion."

"Why? I've never heard of the rebellion." Carter said bluntly.

"Of course you haven't. The community doesn't even know we exist."

"Then how are you a rebellion?"

"Good question. Now, while we have not yet made ourselves known, we will soon. We just need a few more people to join our army. To train and fight alongside us," Lorane explained, "and that's where you come in."

"Wait, so your asking me to join your army? Against the Community? That's kind of... Messed up. Plus, what are you going to to to the community? Kill them all?"

"Carter, there is much you do not know about the community. They are horribly people. From the age of thirteen and up,  the people in the community are taught to kill. To murder innocent people, or the imperfects."

"What? Why wasn't I taught this? Why wasn't I killed?" Carter asked, her voice rising.

"You weren't taught to kill, because you were dubbed imperfect. And they did try to kill you. Last night, after you entered the woods. They sent someone after you to kill you. Did you not feel them pick you up by your neck? Not feel them choke you?" Lorane asked, sounding slightly amused.

"What? I... I don't believe it!" Carter snapped, struggling through the blankets to the other side of her cot.

"Well you'd better. Now, I'll let you think about joining my army. Though I suggest you do."

Lorane walked out of the giant room and out of the door. "I'll see you around, Carter." She called before closing the wooden door.

Carter sighed and put her face in her hands, processing all she had just learned.

The silence didn't last for more than five seconds before someone opened the door.

Snapping her head up, Carter saw a tall man enter the room. (Media)

"Uhhhh.... Can I help you?" She asked, flustered.

"Yeah, actually. My name is Adam. I'm your new training coach. Lorane said you wanted to join the army."

A/n:

Wow, only on chapter three and I already have 11 votes? THANK YOU GUYS SOOOO MUCH! Also, I'm so surprised random people are commenting :)
AND WHAT IS THIS? DO I HAVE MY OWN FAN ACCOUNT???? WHAT????

IS THIS FOR REAL?

@ikoury is it your account?

ANYWAYS THANKS GUYSSS :)