Four

Blaine felt the familiar eyes on his as he awoke.

"Hey Kurt," he mumbled. Kurt gave him a soft kiss on the forehead, and as he pulled away, Blaine realized that the porcelain face above him was streaked with tears.

"Hey? Why are you crying?" Blaine murmured, sitting up. Kurt just shook his head, smiling. He pulled Blaine up off the cot, standing up and putting his hands on Blaine's shoulders.

Dance with me, Kurt mouthed, with no sound coming out. Blaine placed his hands on Kurt's hips, and they swayed back and forth with no music. Somehow, the melody to Teenage Dream worked its way into Blaine's thoughts, and he hummed it softly into Kurt's ear, burrying his messy, curly hair in Kurt's shoulder.

Blaine felt Kurt's silent tears falling onto his back, but he didn't question them. They danced for a few more minutes, but soon, Kurt let go of Blaine's shoulders and sat him down on the bed.

Blaine, so tired and weary, didn't protest, and he let Kurt tuck him back in under the itchy wool blanket. Kurt planted one more kiss on Blaine's nose before Blaine closed his eyes and fell back asleep.

Blaine awoke with a start. He had just experienced the most vivid dream of Kurt. As the guard let him out into the cafeteria, he nearly began to cry again at the memory of his soul mate dancing with him to his own hummed rendition of Teenage Dream. But he hadn't cried in front of the other inmates in a year, and he wasn't about to break the trend now. He looked deep into his oatmeal bowl and took a few deep breaths. No, he was going to have to wait until later to shed a few tears. He may not talk to the other jailbirds, or anyone else at all for that matter, but he certainly wasn't going to cry in front of them.