44/100: Decay, Bajan XX

Bajan stared at the ceiling, chest rising as he tried to breath. His entire left side hurt, but he didn't dare look. He knew what they did, but didn't have the guts to face it. It felt like days since he last ate, or saw someone.

--

The pain became worse the longer he looked at the ceiling. Had he passed out? Slept? How many days has passed? Breathing became worse as the pain creeped into his chest.

--

Bajan had to turn his head to the right, unable to move anything else. His right side had gone numb maybe hours ago. What freaked him out, was that while he was breathing, his left lung just suddenly stopped rising. The worst of the pain finally left, but maybe he was used to it.

--

Bajan tried yelling, but his voice wouldn't work. All his energy went to breathing, having only one lung working. His throat started to sting, rising all the way to his jaw, but he kept still.

--

He could hear his heart beating. Everything was numb, cold, or in pain. The room smelled like death. But he kept breathing, kept focusing on the wall and not his body. Not paying attention to how his chest was sinking or how it became harder... and harder... to breath....

Word count: 215