Chapter 4

Clary pov
    I woke up to the sun shining in my face.  As I got up I realized I wasn't in my room and that some one was sleeping next to me with their arms around my waist. Then I remembered what had happened last night and that I was in Alec's room. I couldn't get out of his grip so I would have to wait until he woke up.
     Alec's pov
      I woke up to the feeling of someone moving around in my bed. As I opened my eyes I saw a girl with red, fiery hair and that I had my arms wrapped around her waist."Alec are you awake?" I heard her say. "Yeah" I said quickly getting up. "Good morning" I say to her. "Good morning"she replies while quickly getting out of my room.

Clary pov
As I leave Alec's room I bump into Izzy. Great, now she's going to ask me tons of questions. "Why were you in my brothers room?" She asks, smiling. She gasps. "Wait did you two sleep together?" "What" I say, "no i was just in there because I had a bad dream and I couldn't sleep." " ok well don't forget we have to go help Magnus today" she says. Yay, that means more awkward conversations. What could possibly go wrong?
Later at magnus' loft
"Hey Magnus" I say as he opens the door. "Hello clary."
"Alec, you and Izzy can start by hanging these decorations in the wall" he said, handing them the decorations.
"And clary you can help me set the tables" he said. "Ok"I said. As I walked over to the other room to help Magnus, I was pretty sure he was glaring at me. Right when I got into the room he immediately closed the door behind me. "Um what did you do that for?"I asked nervously. Next thing I know he has me pinned against the wall by my neck. "What do you think you're doing" I choked out. "What's going on between you and Alec" he asked. " what do you mean?"I ask, confused. "You know what I mean. I saw the way you two were looking at each other back at the institute" he replied coldly. I remained silent for what felt like hours until he spoke again. "The only reason I'm having this party is because I'm trying to make Alec jealous, but know that I know he broke up with me for a girl, I don't know what I'm going to do"he said, sadness in his voice. He finally let me go and I was able to breathe again. "Magnus I'm sorry but I swear there's nothing going on with me and Alec"I said. He just stared at me. "Are we still invited to party?"I asked . "I honestly don't care if you do or don't show up" he told me. "Ok I'll see you at 9:00 then" I said, trying to smile. And with that me, Alec , and Izzy left.
At the institute
"Oh my god we have to look gorgeous for this party tonight!" I heard Izzy scream as she walked into my room.
"That's gonna be a problem because I don't have anything to wear"I say.
"You can just borrow one of my dresses" she said. "Thanks Izzy."
"Well come on we don't have any time to waste." She grabs my hand and leads me towards her closet.