Chapter 5

Clary pov
"Ok how about this dress?" Izzy asks pointing to a tight, black dress. "Yeah I guess this will do" I say. " ok,well, go get ready we only have 1hr and 30minutes" she responds.
Once I finish putting on my dress, I decide to leave my hair down and apply a little makeup. I stand in front of the mirror staring at me appearance when suddenly someone opens my door.
"Clary it's- " Alec was saying but then stopped as he glanced over my body. "It's time to go and you look great" he said. " thanks, you don't look so bad yourself" I reply. He blushed. "Come on Izzy is waiting for us and you know she hates to wait." I giggled as he said that.
At the party
We were outside of the loft, and to be honest, I felt kinda nervous as Izzy knocked on the door. A few seconds later,the door opened revealing a drunk Magnus and some dude he had around his arm. Great. "Hey guys I would like you to meet my friend jake" he said quickly introducing us to jake. "Come on in." Im glad Magnus was drunk because maybe he wouldn't attack me with questions about Alec as he did earlier. There was quite a few people here that I had never seen. Izzy had left me and Alec to go talk to a guy so it was just me and him. We stood there in awkward silence.  "Clary are you okay?" Alec asked me.
" yeah, why?" I said.  " you've been acting strange ever since what happened between us at the institute" he replied. "No I haven't and nothing happened between us and nothing will" I said, rudely. I turned away and left so that he wouldn't see the tears forming in my eyes, but as I walked away I saw him frowning a little. I went into the restroom and started crying. I don't know why I was crying. Did I have feelings for Alec ? No, I couldn't because he's jace's best friend and Magnus is still in love with him and I couldn't hurt Magnus. But I had to know if Alec felt something so I walked out of the restroom determined to talk about whatever was going on between us. I started walking back to Alec, but I suddenly stopped. Right there in front of me stood Alec kissing a random stranger. Not going to lie, I was kind of disappointed.