Chapter Four

I took a deep breath, clutching my books tighter to my chest as I stood at the door to the classroom. I was really nervous. Would anyone mind? Will they have noticed I was gone? Would they care? These thoughts swirled around in my mind, before I shook my head. If I stayed here any longer, I'd be late.

"Okay... let's do this..." And with that, I walked into the class. As I stepped through the door, I felt all eyes turn to me.

"Ah, Miss (L/n), welcome to class. Felling better now?" Miss Bustier said, turning to me and smiling. I nodded my head, before quickly making my way to my seat next to Lila. (A/N: Thought I was gonna say Nathanael huh~?) Sitting down, I turned my attention to the teacher, as she began the lesson. I grabbed my tablet from my satchel and began to take down notes, as another school day started.

~Lunch time (Because who cares about those classes??)~

I sat at a table in my favourite café, called La Bossue, (Yes this is a real café in Paris I looked up) drinking a cup of tea as I stared out the window. My headphones blasted my music in my ears, blocking out the sounds of the world.

I know I can't take one more step towards you

'Cause all that's waiting is regret

Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore

You lost the love I loved the most

I sighed, watching the people walk through the streets of the busy city, talking, laughing, trying to get to work and such. I smiled, as I saw two people standing under a tree, laughing and blushing. They seemed happy.

I learned to live half alive

And now you want me one more time

As I took another sip of my tea, I continued staring. The girl was giggling, as she squealed in happiness. The boy was grinning like an idiot, as he slipped a ring over her finger. Once he was done, the girl jumped onto him, as they both laughed happily. Their faces filled with love.

And who do you think you are?

Runnin' 'round leaving scars

Collecting your jar of hearts

And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold

From the ice inside your soul

So don't come back for me

Who do you think you are?

A few blocks over, there was a small group of kids around my age, singing songs. It seemed like some sort of fundraiser for their school, because people were leaving money in a box on the table beside them. Their voices were so pretty...

I hear you're asking all around

If I am anywhere to be found

But I have grown too strong

To ever fall back in your arms

I wish I knew what it was like to have a voice. I bet mine would have sounded pretty, like an angels. Or maybe not, but I still would've been grateful. I started to lift my cup of tea back up to my face, but my hands were shaking slightly. I stared down at my trembling hands, still thinking about what my voice would've sounded like. I didn't know I was crying until a single tear fell from my face, dropping onto the table. Noticing it, I quickly gulped down the rest of my drink, jumped out my seat, and rushed out of the café. My (h/c) bangs covered my face as I quickly began walking back to the school, head down. More tears fell, and I pushed my headphones closer to my ears.