A broken toy

- Lj's pov-

* a loud crash was heard down stairs*

... shoot , what was Jeff about to say. I want to know how he feels about all of this , but something bad always has to happen right when i'm looking for his answer too. We have too see what that noise is non of the less, for all i know Toby has his head stuck in the stairwell again.

" did you here that?" i turn to jeffs' frozen face.

" yeah... i did , but you don't need to go it's most likely Toby again and-.." i cut him off.

" and what if its something that you cant handle on your own "

We stared at each other for what felt like an eternity but was most likely just a few seconds. Then he looked down at the floor slightly, and tensed up . 

" fine , but only if i come with you , and if it is Toby i'm beating you with the blunt end of my good knife. "

" he he OK OK i got it now can we please go check it out?"

He nodded and went out the door stealthily, i followed close behind. We looked down the stair case to find surprisingly no Toby. I look at Jeff who seemed to be consumed in his own thoughts, but clearly scoping out the area. The house was dark since everyone was asleep being it was only 1 am in the morning. Jeff walks down the stair case at a slow steady pace. I knew where the light was and headed strait to it. As soon as i flip on the light i look for Jeff only to see a zaglo troop right behind him about to stab a zig-zag shape dagger in him. At that moment my world stopped and the only thought that went threw my head was ' jeffs going to get hit'. At that moment my mind went blank and i quickly ' more like ran' over to Jeff and stepped in the space between the blade and Jeff right as it came down .

And for once it hurt less because if my everything got hurt that would hurt more.......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------