1. The End of an Era

Johnnie had clicked on the video just for the fuck of it

Johnnie had clicked on the video just for the fuck of it. It was one of the MDE posts him and Alex did together, some cutesy couple crap. As he watched him and his girlfriend, memories of what happened behind the scenes in this video came back to him.

"Johnnie, you need to sit closer to her."

"You guys need to kiss more."

"Play with her hair."

These and many other instructions on how to behave more like a couple had come from Bryan any time they paused filming. In fact, Bryan had been the one to introduce Alex to Johnnie and he was also the one to tell them to go public with their relationship.

It was almost as if-

"What are you watching?" Alex asked, walking up and somewhat side-hugging him.

"One of our old videos, do you remember this day?" He asked, motioning to the screen. Alex peeked over his shoulder, then nodded. 

"Yeah...I remember how awkward and uncomfortable we both were..." Alex said thoughtfully. "And Bryan telling us how to be more 'couplely' and whatever..." 

"He sure did that a lot, didn't he?" The dark haired male remarked. Alex glanced at him, nodding after a moment as she played with her hair. "He even made us make the relationship public before we were ready."

Nodding again, Alex ran a hand through her hair. Subconsciously, she'd put an inch or so of space between her and Johnnie. "I remember...god, he sure fucked around a lot with us... all that stuff he would say...."

Johnnie could tell Alex was starting to think of the same questions he had.

"How...much of our relationship was because of Bryan anyway...?" Alex asked after a moment. Johnnie looked up with a confused expression, which then turned thoughtful. 

"Well...we're not uncomfortable kissing anymore..." Johnnie remarked. 

"Yeah, but do we feel anything behind it, though?" His girlfriend replied. Thinking about that, Johnnie pressed his lips to hers.

And that's all it was. No fireworks. No butterflies. Just, a kiss. 

They both pulled away and stared at each other, unsure what to do with what they'd realized just yet.