Chapter 2- The Crowned Prince and the Secret Princess

I woke up with my eyes so red. Maybe I cried so much last night. I walked to my bathroom and take a quick shower. When I got finished I put my clothes on and look for my reflection in the mirror. I look fine in pastel blue sweater and studded black shorts. I look in the mirror with my head held high. I'm not an ultra beautiful girl but I look fine. I'm plain and look pale with my brunnette straight hair. I got fashion sense but I always prefer wearing long-sleeves than daring sexy clothes. I'm quite conservative. I don't like make-ups. Simple eye-liner, powder and lip-gloss will do. I don't wear mascarra since I already have this oh-so-long eye-lashes. I'm simply beautiful. I don't need concealers because I don't have any flaws to cover. Dad said I definitely look like my mom. I have her picture on my necklace since I was little. It's a heart that can be open revealing two heart-shaped frames. The other half is a picture of me and dad when I was like two years old. And the other half is a picture of my mom and I when I was a baby. I think dad was right, I clearly look like mom. She is so fashionable and has this supermodel look. Her eyes are so stunning bright brown eyes,long-lashes,brown eyeliner and curly blonde hair. Well, in that state I got my hair from dad. But unlike her, I was so plain and simple. She likes wearing sexy clothes. Everyone says I look like her double ganger. But I think we're opposite in the attitude or character.She's strong and a certified 'it girl' in her college school. While I got this shy and nerdy personality. And most of all I will never leave someone I love. I will never do what she did on us.

"Oh hello beautiful Tara Althea Brooklyn." My taught was blown away by a beautiful and glowing woman standing right at my door.

"Oh hello Duchess Charlotte." I greeted the Duchess. She really doesn't want me to call her 'dutchess' but the palace said so. The same with Prince Lucas. He wanted me to call him Lucas but the palace did not agree to. So I just call him Lucas when we're together.

"How are you ? My son's princess." I blushed for a moment.

"I'm fine and bored as usual. How about you ?"

"I was so stressed out this past few days. So many issues, problems and projects. I'm so freakin' tired."

"I understand. Would you like me to prepare you some tea and cookies ?" I got a special skill in baking and creating my own tea.

"Oh sure, our little princess."

"Oh please Duchess stop calling me that. I'm not a princess. No one even know that I live here."

"I don't care. You're still a princess for me."

I'm not a princess. I don't have any blood relationship with the royal family. They just want to sustain everything I needed since there's no one left I love after the car accident. They let me live in the palace where Prince Lucas live. They support my education and I'm planning to be a Chemical Engineer just like my dad. I live in a royal, extravagant and comfortable life but no one is suppose to know it. That's why I don't have any friend. Only Prince Lucas. He's my bestfriend. He just really got the most busy time right now. But I remember the past few years when we always got the perfect time for each other. When it's only the two of us. Just a movie like 'Charlie St. Cloud' and vodka gummy bears can make our day so perfect. We've watched that movie over a million times but we still cry on the part where Sam waited for Charlie but he did he not come. When Prince Lucas and I we're together, it seems like he's not a prince. Since nobody should know about my connection to the royal family for avoiding some humors and issues, we don't go outside. Instead, we spent time each other on his room, in the garden or most of the time in the kitchen.

*Flashback*

"C'MON, Prince Lucas get up your lazy butt." I said waking Prince Lucas up.