Adventures & Airplanes

"Do you have everything?" my mom asks before I can go into the airport.

"Yeah, thanks for giving me a ride!"

"Of course. Have fun. I love you," she says before getting back into my car. She and my dad don't go back to Northern Florida until tomorrow.

"I love you too," I wave goodbye and go to Southwest airline's check in.

I see Austin, Becky, Alexandra, Ariana Grande, and the rest of foolish four waiting for me right before security. They were surrounded by a small group of fans but nothing too big. Austin and Becky's fans like me and I love all of them and how supportive they are. A few take pictures with me, me and Austin, me and Becky, and me and Alexandra.

Once that's done, we say our farewells to them and go through security. It was a quick and easy process, and soon after, I realize I haven't even introduced myself to Ariana Grande.

As we walk towards our gate, I lag back to where she is and introduce myself.

"Hey Ariana, I'm a huge fan! I'm Lilah," I say very straight to the point.

She lets out a light laugh, "Hi Lilah, Austin's already told me about you."

"All good things I hope."

"Oh no. He told me to avoid you because you're absolutely awful," she says, deadpan.

"I.. don't even.." I pause, not knowing what to say.

"I'm kidding," she laughs and I laugh with her.

I like her sarcasm and I knew in this moment, we are gonna be great friends. We set our stuff down in an area near our gate. We're taking a private jet but it's not supposed to get here for another hour.

"Wanna go get some breakfast? I'm starving," Becky says.

I nod my head, holding my stomach as it lets out a deep growl.

"Anyone want to come?" she asks and Austin plus his friends get up to follow.

The six of us walk towards a Starbucks not too far from our gate and I order my usual order (blueberry scone with an iced vanilla latte), Austin orders his usual, and Becky changes hers up every time. It's weird to me that I know them that well but then again we're best friends so not that weird.

"Serious question: don't you guys think Delilah should start dating again?" he asks out of nowhere as we're sitting and eating our food.

"Yeah, she should start with me," Zach jokes. I just roll my eyes.

"Yes, I've been telling her that for ages," Rebbeca laughs.

"We're still on this?" I stare at him in disbelief. He seriously would not let this go.

My answer wasn't going to change. I've been with too many assholes that use me for sex or put me down and I'm over it. I'm staying single for as long as I please.

"I just think you deserve some love," he shrugs.

I just roll my eyes and continue eating while we make small talk about what we'll do in Phoenix today. We're getting there around 12:55 pm so we'll have the rest of the day to kill.

"Where are all of the other artists?" I ask Austin and Becky.

"Well, all the other artists aren't from Florida so we're meeting them there today," Becky answers.

I nod my head, finish my meal, and we walk back to our gate. We're just in time too, the plane is here and we all get on and take whatever seat we please. It's going to be a long flight and my plan is to sleep the whole way to Phoenix.