Shadows Of The Abyss

AN:

This is PG-13 because of detailed deaths may occur, they will most likely occur, I don't remember if the deaths I've already written (none in this chapter) were detailed or not.

AN2: Again, sorry for short chapter ._.

Chapter one:Noises

Hikaru Izaya Voltaire, eight years old:

(Third person point of view)

Hikaru was on his way home from school. This was from before he gained immortality, before that damn demon came... He was only eight years old, and went to third grade at elementary school.

It had just been a normal day at school, for Hikaru. Or actually it had been more quiet than usual around him. Not so many people calling him ‘freak’, ‘weirdo’ or other mean stuff to him, it had been an unusually good day.

Hikaru thought about his parents as he walked in the forest, that he had to go through every day as he went to- and back from school. His parents were on a vacation, and they left Hikaru home alone, as he was a responsible young boy, who know how to handle a gun, so he could just shoot at the intruders that came into the house or someone who tried to kidnap him or similar.

He missed his parents. They had been gone for a month now. They said they’d only be gone for about two weeks or so. He was told not to go to the police if they didn’t show up, not at any circumstances. That was a very clear message from his mother. He was just supposed to pretend as if everything was normal, and watch the news every day, just to see if they were being broadcasted.. Of course Hikaru did as his parents told him, he was raised to do so. Hikaru was shuffling through the woods, on his way home, whilst looking down on his feet. He suddenly heard a metallic rattling noise behind him. He quickly turned around, and looked for where the sound came from. Nothing, nothing was there. He was all alone. He felt a bit sad, for some reason. "Must've been my imagination..." He muttered quietly to himself. He continued walking, and he heard the sound again, closer, as if it was right behind him, rattling with something right next to his ear. He turned around again. Just him and the empty little forest. Now he wasn't sad anymore, rather anxious..

He started to jog towards his house, the jogging sped up, until he sprinted as fast as he could. It was as if something followed him, The metallic rattling noise was following him! Hikaru got to his house, he struggled to find his key. And just as he found it, he heard the notice even clearer. But this time it wasn't just the noise. This time there came this blue and red light, covering Hikaru’s vision. He got the key into the keyhole, not dating to look behind himself. He quickly opened the door, stumbled into the house, and then proceeded to lock the door as fast as he could. He ran upstairs, into his bedroom, closed the door, turned on the television, turned the volume up as high as possible, his under his blanket I his bed and got a little revolver in his tiny little hands, ready to shoot anyone who opened the door to his room.