Chapter 5

Chapter Five:

As Jack finally stopped running, Hikaru was extremely dizzy, and he felt like his stomach had taken a salto. Jack sat Hikaru down on his feet, and he immediately fell down to his knees.

“You okay, kiddo?” Jack asked in his American accent.

“No, not really.” The little eight year old boy replied, holding onto his stomach. “But I’ll manage.” He mumbled.

The shadow daemon shook his head and lifted the boy and gave him a piggyback ride. Hikaru felt a little bit better as he didn’t have to stand for himself.

“Where are we?” The boy asked as he looked around at the scenario. They were by a cozy hut in a forest. The forest was extremely beautiful and seemed like it was really old. The sunlight was dim and shone through the leaves on the trees.

“Your new home and training place.” The daemon replied and walked towards the hut. He did something with the door and they heard a click. He opened the door and carried Hikaru to a nice and comfortable couch.

“Are you thirsty or something?” Jack asked curiously as he lifted a transparent eyebrow at the kid. Hikaru shook his head and glanced at Jack with huge red eyes.

“They won’t come back, will they?” He asked hesitantly. Jack shook his head.

“Sorry ‘bout that, but that’s the thing with death, cannot be redone.” He said and walked to a cabin and took out a bottle with a dark caramel coloured liquid in it, He poured it in a small glass and sat down in a chair on the opposite side of Hikaru.

“How old are you, Hikaru?” He asked, this was actually the first time he had properly used Hikaru’s name.

“ I’m eight.” Hikaru mumbled to a reply. Jack’s eyes widened at the reply. The boy couldn’t have gone through so much and act as calm as he did, and be so young. He truly was the son of Lucifer.

Jack stood up again and walked to the boy and bent down and ruffled his hair.

“You’ve been through a lot, eh, lad?”  He smiled a kind of sad smile. Jack had no idea why, but he felt an urge to protect him with his life, not because his boss had said so, but because he felt protective over him, like a father or a big brother.

“You’ll get to rest a few days and then we’ll start your training. It’ll be hard, but you need to learn how to for one, summon your powers, and then you need to learn to summon them at will, then how to control them properly.” Jack said while looking Hikaru in the eyes.

The boy nodded slightly and looked down on his lap. Jack smiled softly and ruffled Hikaru’s ebony black hair. He then walked over to the kitchen and looked at what supplies they had there. He frowned and threw everything in the trash because everything had gone out of date. He walked back to the living room and leaned against the wall while looking at Hikaru who was looking for something to entertain himself with.

“Oi, lad, I’m going to gather something to eat. Lock the door and see if everything is locked after I’m gone, don’t let anyone in no matter what, okay?” He asked and lifted an almost transparent eyebrow at him.

The boy nodded again. Jack smiled sadly, the boy really didn’t say much lately, he felt it was all his fault