Against All Odds

Southerners.

We have this bad rep of getting with our cousins and having guns and rebel flags everywhere. Where if you're a girl, you have to get pregnant at 16 and start your family early. Especially when you live in South Carolina.

Well, I'm gonna change all that.

Born in Ohio, bred in North and South Carolina, Meredith Brynne Haston is going to change every single rumor and thought of South Carolina girls. Starting with her fierce black winged eyeliner and black fingernail polish.

*Monday morning. First day of Senior Year*

I wake up to My Chemical Romance and yawn a bit as I stretch against my pillows. I notice I have a text from my best friend/boyfriend from Illinois, Jarrod Welch. I smile and read it.

'Hey, just wanted to let you know that I hope you have a wonderful first day of school. My senior year doesn't start for another week, so I can message you if you want <3 I love you so much, Meredith Brynne Haston. Go against all odds and break those rumors!! And keep your heart made fullmetal <3'

I blush and smile like a dork. I then jump out of bed and get ready for school. I put on some ripped skinny jeans and a black tank top. I then put on one of Jarrod's hoodies he sent me in the mail and smile more.

I then put on my worn black converse and my Valentine's Day necklace that he got for me: a golden heart locket with the picture of us when I got to go up there and see him inside and our initials engraved on the back. I then put my short, chopped-layered strawberry blonde hair in a tiny bun on top of my head. I grab my keys, iPad, phone, and backpack, and run out the door to catch the bus. 

My mom is driving the rest of the kids to school and the babysitters house. Goodness, when you're in the south and you have 5 siblings, it gets kinda rowdy in the tiny house we have.

I jump onto the bus and plop down into a seat by myself. I then blast some Bring Me the Horizon as I fall asleep on the bus, waiting for the arrival at Hell, I mean Boiling Springs High School.