EPISODE 13: Free to go?

Four hours later, Era was bored, hungry, and tense with worry. Her right knee was nervously bobbing up and down in the air. She couldn't enjoy the show with April on her mind.

She looks down on her watch to see four hours had pass.

Really? Does mediating take this long? She sighs.

She looks at Donnie, who was on his laptop, his fingers tapping away on the keyboard. For someone who was passionate about rescuing April, he sure is calm. The rest of his brothers were in the same state of mind: Leo sat in front of the television, absorbed in the show; Raph casually flipped through the pages of his comic book; and Mikey was playing a game of pinball.

And they say I'm crazy! She begins to chew on the strap to her backpack.

I can't wait any longer! I'm coming April!

But, first, she had to get pass the guards. So, in a subtle move, she inches away from the group. One inch at first. Then, two inches. Then, four inches. Six inches. Ten inches. She was nearing the edge of the living room when Leo turns around.

"Hey, Era, what do you-"

"What's up?" She tenses.

"Uh, what are you doing over there?"

She blinks her eyes. "I have no clue. I just . . . so happened to be here. I probably levitated away without realizing. I think I was sleep-levitating."

"Sorry we don't have anything else to watch."

"No, no! The show's great. I'm just tired, that's all. I still haven't recovered from the fight with the Kraang."

"If you want, you can take a nap."

"That's okay." She waves her hand. "I'm fine. You don't need to worry."

She reluctantly returns to her spot beside him.

Five minutes later, Leo was once again absorbed into the show. Another opportunity.

As previously, Era begins to inch away from the group. She was halfway through when this time Donnie spoke up.

"Era, where are you going?"

Dang it! She snarls silently.

She turns around to face him and flashes a sheepish smile. "I did it again, didn't I? I'm so embarrassed."

"If you don't want to sleep-levitate, why don't you just sit down like a normal person." Suggested Raph.

Her smile tenses. More than anything, she wanted to grab that comic book and whack his face with it.

"O-okay."

With much reluctance, she sits her bottom on the white tile, legs crossed in a pretzel. She grabs her ankles and nervously rubs her thumbs across them.

What to do, what to do, what to do, what to do? Ah!

"Uh, guys."

The terrapins turned their attention to her.

Twiddling her fingers, she asks, "Do you have some water I can drink? I'm really dehydrated."

"I'll get it!" Offered Mikey.

"I'll come with you," said Era.

"It's cool, dude."

"No, really. You don't need to get it."

"Relax, girl. You're our honored guest and since you bought us pizza it's the least I can do."

"O-okay."