You're all I have.

Jumin/Reader (Female) Angst,
Character death.

Your first thought your coughing was just a cold. Of course, Jumin got upset and constantly asked if you wanted him to get you a doctor. Every time, you pushed him away insisting it was just a cold, but then the coughing got worse, you would go into coughing fits that made Jumin look as if he's having a panic attack.  And you would have to comfort him and reassure him you were fine.
But this time.
This time, you weren't fine.
You and Jumin where sitting on a balcony, tonight had been a date night, an amazing one as always and you started to cough, you cleared you throat and looked at jumin and smiled and you opened your mouth to speak but you coughed more, and it wouldn't stop. Suddenly you were struggling to breathe, you where desperately trying to get air into your lungs. You wanted to say his name to call for help but you focused on breathing. You looked over and saw Jumin frantically calling someone, you felt your knees go week, and your vision was fading out. Jumin tried to hold you up as best as he could but with one arm he was not successful. You heard him yelling your name and you tried to respond but it was no use. He had hung up the phone and took your hand in his and he was trying to calm you down to see if he could help you take in deep breathes, you saw someone who looked like a paramedic come behind him, he had tears in his eyes and you felt your heart shatter. Jumin, the stoic, straight faced, cat obsessed "asshole", who you loved so much. Crying. Your vision faded in and out, the last thing you remember seeing was bright red and white lights until your world went dark and you drifted away
It's been four days and you're in a hospital and the only thing keeping you alive is oxygen. The doctor takes jumin outside the room time to time and tries to convince him on perhaps taking you off, the chances of you surviving are low but he thinks we should take the chance. But every time Jumin turns him down. He says he's willing to pay the expense, that he doesn't want to take the chance. You know that this will go on forever, that he's probably be willing to pay for prosthetic lungs for you if he could. You decide that as much as you love him, you can't let him do this to himself. You ask to be alone with the doctor. You want to be unplugged, no more oxygen. But stay wired, so it looks like fate. The doctor carries out your wishes turning off the machines, you have about ten minutes you estimate.
Jumin walks back in. He sits next to you like he'd usually do.
Nine minutes.
You start to praise him, tell him how much you love him. Tell him that he is your world, you start to cry unwillingly, he frantically asks whats wrong but you insist that you love him so much.
Seven minutes.
He raises his voice over your confessions and demands to know what is going on. You smile and tell him what you did, that you told the doctor to turn off the machines. He looks back at you, astounded, horrible at the least. And starts to stand up saying that he'll go get someone to turn it back on but you grab his wrist.
Five minutes.
You coax him to sit down with you and he does taking your hand and squeezing it. He starts to tear up again
and shakes his head. "Please, let me get help, I don't want you to leave me." You can hear him crying, trying to hide it. "You opened my eyes, you showed me that a cat can't solve my problems, that I can't hide them, I can't ignore them."
Three minutes.
Your breathing got deeper, you inhale deeply and exhale loudly trying to not hyperventilate. You squeeze his hand as hard as you can. The beeping on the monitor that records your heart race gets slower. You tell him again how much you love him and he nods his head. You can tell he's tying to not cry, to not show weakness, to be strong, for you.
Two minutes.
You cough weakly and you can see as a part of his soul cracks. You use all your power to smile and he smiles back. You tell him, the last time, that you love him. And he visually breaks.
One minute.
His tears fall and he rants "I love you too, I love you so much. Thank you so much for everything, You're my everything, and I don't want to loose you, I want you to stay, please don't leave me you're all I-"
It's to late.
the monitor flatlines and your hands go lifeless. Jumin lets his head fall and takes a deep breath.
"You're all I had."