Epilogue 14: Prodigy

Magic has been in his sister's life since the day she was born. Dawn and Daisy lived with their family and used magic freely. Summer inevitably began trying to copy them.

When his sister was only a year old, Jeffrey found her sleeping above her crib on a summoned cloud. But other magic holders didn't develop control over their magic until they were in their early teens.

He took a sample of the condensed of water vapor for testing then alerted his family.

The evidence was clear. Summer was a prodigy, like him.

Because Summer was beginning to utilize magic early, Daisy tried to teach her to summon a silkmoth. But whenever Summer attempted to copy Daisy, she only summoned larvae.

Summer was now sitting on his bed. Jeffrey was trying to get her to manifest a silkworm. He wanted to determine if the caterpillar's development stage coincided Summer's own growth.

"Okay, Summer. Can you summon a caterpillar for your big brother?"

His little sister shook her head.

"Will you do it for a cookie?" Jeffrey said holding up a chocolate chip cookie.

Summer reached for the treat and summoned something for her brother.

"What are you doing, son?"

"Father! Look what Summer made!"

Leo looked at what was in his daughter's hands. A cookie and a silk cocoon.

His father began to tear up.

"You're both growing up so fast!" he blubbered

At that moment, the bell for the main gate sounded.

"*sob* Someone's at the *sob* gate." Leo said crying.

"Why don't you stay here with Summer, Father?"

Jeffrey headed towards the main room. He overheard his mother's voice as he passed her study.

"I don't know, Candy... I was thinking of writing a fourth book... An epilogue instead?... Maybe... I plan on correcting all the names... Why not? The secret's out... Definitive Edition?... I'll get started..."

He made a mental note to speak to his mother about her plan. Not all secrets have made themselves known just yet.

At the front door Jeffrey pressed the comm button.

"Hello?"

A voice sounded on the electronic speaker. "Jeffrey? It's Aunt Cat."

While Jeffrey occasionally visited his father's side of the family in Eagma, they had to come to Earth to visit Summer. Once Summer began to show signs of her magic, their parents decided that they would stop bringing her to visit the Mewni Dimension until she was old enough to control her abilities. One of her displays would expose her as the reborn holder of the Silkmoth bloodline's royal magic.

"Hello, Aunt Cat! Come in!"

Jeffrey pulled the lever opening the main gate. He then opened the front door to welcome his father's sister.

He was met not only by his aunt, but also by a royal escort.

"Hello, Jeffrey Pines it is good to meet you."

"Your Highness." Jeffrey said as he bowed.

"Son? Who's at the door?" Leo asked as he came down the stairs carrying Summer.

"It's Aunt Cat..."

"Hello sister! Summer, say 'hi' to Auntie Cat!" he said as he approached the door.