Chapter 13

*Christmas Day, Raven’s point of view*

“Raven wake up. Phil has breakfast ready.” Andy brushes hair off my face. I snuggle closer to him. “Wake up. It’s Christmas.” He starts singing. “Jingle bells, Batman rules, Raven drools.” “I do not,” I mumble. He chuckles. I raise my head and glare at him. “I love you,” he says. I crawl out of bed and stretch. “I love you to,” I reply, looking at him. His gaze moves over my naked body hungrily, taking in every detail. I smile, grab some clothes, and walk into the bathroom. Andy is in the same spot when I get out. He flips off the covers and stretches.

“Tease,” I say a little breathlessly. He smiles. “I learned it from the best.” “I didn’t know you and Ash slept naked together.” I head to the door and open it. Andy’s hand stops me. “You wish,” he says in his low, sexy voice. He nuzzles my neck as he pins me against the door. I shiver. “You’re too late, love,” I say. “Whatever do you mean?” he growls. “I’m dressed. If you wanted more then you should have asked when you woke me up.” He chuckles evilly. “I bet I can change your mind.” His hand travels my shirt.

“Would you two hurry up!? I want to open presents!” Jake yells through the door. Andy growls as I laugh. I turn around and push against his chest. “Looks like I won.” “We’ll see about that.” He gives me a devilish grin then walks into the bathroom. I shake my head and walk out. Jake has his arms crossed. “Blame Andy. I was on my way out.” I pat Jake’s cheek.

Phil serves breakfast once everyone settles down. After we eat, we open presents. Ash gets a bunch of Hello Kitty stuff. CC gets a new drum set since the other one was broken. Jinxx gets all of the Star Trek movies. Jake gets video games. Becca and Phil get a vacation to Europe. Andy and I get a vacation to the Smokey Mountains. I gave Andy a custom made Batman guitar. He got me an onyx raven-in-flight necklace. We say thank you and hug everyone. Andy disappears. When he comes back, he has paper with him. “I have one more gift. It’s for Raven. Before I sing the song, I would like to give a little back ground on it.” He sits on a chair, facing us.

“It’s not your average love song. Hell, it’s not even a love song. When I heard you were in the hospital, I refused to cry. I eventually did and hated myself for it. When we got to the hospital and you were in a coma, I tried not to cry. I thought that I had to stay strong and if I did you would wake up. There were times when I was weak and cried because I thought I had lost you for good. Then I hated myself even more for being weak. If I had lost you…” He takes a deep breath then continues.

“Everybody feels these moments of sadness and moments of lost and sometimes I think that everybody can relate to sitting alone and feeling like crap and a friend of yours comes up and starts like, ‘Come on, feel happy’, and you don’t want that. Sometimes it’s alright to let yourself live in a moment and let yourself be upset about something so that you can show yourself that regardless of how low you feel, you can always rise out of it, but not in that moment. And so the song ends with the lyric ‘I believe we all fall down’ but I don’t say ‘but we get back up’. It’s just, sometimes you fall down and sometimes you feel low and that’s okay.” He stops talking and starts singing.

I ruled the world

With these hands I shook the heavens to the ground

I laid the gods to rest

I held the key to the kingdom

Lions guarding castle walls

Hail the king of death

Then I lost it all

Dead and broken

My backs against the wall

Cut me open

I’m just trying to breath

Just trying to figure it out

Because I built these walls to watch them crumbling down

I said then I lost it all and who can save me now?”

Andy sets the paper down then looks nervously at me. I smile and walk over to him. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him. He places his hands on my hips and kisses me back. “Get a room!” CC shouts. I flip his off then break the kiss, smiling. “I love you, Raven.” “I love you, too.” I stare into his eyes. “And I want you to know: don’t ever be afraid to show your emotions. We’re human. It’s part of who we are, and I would never make fun of you for it.”

“Unless you stub your toe and bawl like a baby. I’ll make fun of you for that,” Ash says, draping his arm around me. “Oh, like you did last night?” Andy shoots back, knocking Ash’s arm off of me. “Hey, that wall just jumped out in front of me.” I laugh and start cleaning up.

*Later that night*

I’m sitting in bed, reading, waiting for Andy to get out of the bathroom. The door opens and he slowly walks out. He looks nervous. “Is everything okay?” I ask, setting my book on the nightstand. He climbs in bed, not answering my question. “Andy?” He looks at me, swallows then finally says, “I have one more gift for you. It was a last second idea. If you don’t want-“ I put a finger on his lips. “You don’t have to be nervous. Just show me.” He swallows and nods.

Andy reaches over to the nightstand and opens the drawer. He takes out a square, gray box then closes the drawer. His hands shake as he hands me the box. I open it and gasp.

Inside is a white gold ring. It has an Aquamarine gemstone and my name on the left side. The right side has a Blue Topaz gemstone and says ‘Andy’. The inside says ‘Forever and Always’. “It’s a promise ring,” Andy says nervously. I take the ring out of the box and slide it onto my left ring finger. It fits perfectly. “Raven?” Andy asks.

I throw my arms around him. “I love it!” He lets out a sigh of relief. I pull back to look at his face. He’s beaming. “I glad you do.” I kiss him. Our kiss turns hungry. He lays me back on the bed. I break the kiss and say, “I love you.” “I love you, too. Forever and Always.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well that's the end! What did you guys think? Good? Bad? Please comment and vote! :D I do not own the lyrics or the quote. All rights go to BVB.