Chapter 8

*November 20, 3am, Ashley's point of view*

I wake up with a pounding headache. It's dark and I can hear CC's obnoxious snoring. I get up slowly and head to Raven's room. Her door is closed. As I raise my hand to knock, I hear Andy's voice from within. "What's wrong Raven. And why are you naked?" "For the same reason you're naked," I hear Raven reply. "Raven? Naked? With Andy?" I think, clenching my fists. "We were drunk and we had sex?" Andy asks. There's a pause. "Then there is the possibility you could be pregnant?" I've heard enough.

I walk out the door and down the hallway. I don't stop until I hit the garden. It's cold and snowing lightly. My body shakes in anger, tears of the betrayed burn my cheeks as they fall. I punch the brick wall, causing my knuckles to start bleeding. I drop down into the snow and lean my back against the building. I start sobbing. My heart shatters into a thousand pieces. A blanket appears out of nowhere and covers me. I look up and see a blurry Jinxx. He sits next to me. I fall into his lap and sob even harder. He rubs my back. We sit like that for a while.

When the tears quite, I sit up and rub my eyes. Jinxx stands and holds out his hand. I take it. He helps me up then shoves his hands into his hoodie. We walk silently back to the apartment. I lay down on the floor, close my eyes and try to sleep. "I told you she was just like Abby," my conscience sneers.I ignore it. My head is pounding but somehow I manage to fall asleep.

*Noon*

I wake up and stumble to Raven's room. The door is open and empty. I huff and head to the bathroom. I pee, wash my hands then splash my face and dry it. I look in the mirror. My eyes are puffy and red. I shake my head and walk out. I sit at the table. Jinxx puts a cup and two pills in front of me. I nod my head and take it.

"Where's Raven?" I croak out. My chest tightens as I say her name. "Her, Andy, Jake and CC went to the store," Jinxx replies. He sits in the chair next to me. "Are you going to tell me what happened last night?" he asks softly. Tears well up in my eyes and spill over. I wipe them away angrily.

"Ash?" Jinxx asks. He tries to take my hand but I snatch it away. "It's nothing," I mumble. Raven comes in, followed by the guys. They are carrying bags. I get up, grab my coat and push past them into the hallway. Someone grabs my arm. I turn around, jerking my arm out of their grip. Raven is standing there, looking confused.

"Ash? Are you okay?" she asks. I turn away and growl, "I'm fine." I start walking. She plants herself in front of me. "Move." "Not until you tell me what's wrong." She crosses her arms. "I just want to be left alone," I say softly. Her face falls and she says, "Oh, okay." She walks into the apartment and closes the door. I walk to the lobby. A girl starts squealing like a pig. "IT'S ASHLEY PURDY!!!" She runs up to me. "Can I have your picture and autograph?" "I'm sorry you have the wrong person," I say. Her face falls. "If it makes you feel better, the Black Veil Brides are here in this building. I'm not sure what room but I've heard them practicing." He face lights up. "Thanks! Would you like to donate for the little boy who was killed last week? His family can't afford a funeral so I'm helping raise money." I feel for my wallet. I take it out of my coat pocket and pull a hundred out. I hand it to her. "Thanks!" She skips back to the table to help set up.

I leave the building and start walking nowhere in particular. The sun is out and there's no wind. It's a somewhat decent day. "Too bad it can't fix my mood," I think bleakly. "Or your heart," my conscience whispers sadly. I sigh and continue walking. After a while, I stop and look at my surroundings. I notice a cafe shop across the street. I look both ways then cross. Warm air and soft conversations greet me as I walk though the door. I walk to the counter and order a large strawberry banana smoothie. I pay for it then sit at a table in the corner and think about my time with Raven.