Car Radio: Liam

Holly raised her hand to scream along with the rest of the crowd, welcoming the boy band. Her screams amplified as the boys made their way to the cat walk of the stage. It had been so long since she had seen her best friend in person; all it ever was now was interviews, pictures, and skype. Her smile brightened. He didn’t know she was here because she had said she was too busy to come. In actuality, she had snagged a backstage pass and decent floor tickets just so she could surprise him.

She sang along to every word that the boys sang. Holly knew every note, rhythm, word to every song. Liam would always sing them to her whenever she called him. It was always something she enjoyed; she wasn’t shy to admit it either, it was her own private concert. Even now, in front of all of these fans, she still felt like he was singing only to her. It sounded kind of queer when she thought about it but he was her best friend, her metaphorical brother.

One Direction left the stage for their shot break. Some fans left to go to the restroom, using this time to relieve their full bladders.  Holly stayed where she was just so she wouldn’t miss anything. She smoothed down her shirt that had Liam’s face on it and “Team Liam” written in bold letters. She almost wished she hadn’t worn her tight, black skinny jeans; the material was making her burn up. Her keds were comfortable, however, and allowed her to stay on her feet the whole night.

The fans filed back in for the last half of the show. Holly couldn’t tell if the night was going slow or fast. She wanted it to end so she could see Liam again but then again she wanted to just stay here forever and listen to them sing. Holly could have Liam sing to her anytime but going to their concert was such a special experience.

“I hope all of you out there enjoyed tonight’s show,” Liam was cut off by so many screams including that of Holly, “I think you guys have been the most vocal out of the whole tour so far. What do you think?”

Liam was answered with sentences of agreement from his band mates. That caused the fans to scream even louder. The boys chuckled at them. “We only have time for one more song. We hate that we have to go because you have been absolutely amazing. So to finish this off we are gonna go with Live While We are Young!”

They started into the song, Holly and the crowd screaming the words along with them. She didn’t care her voice was starting to go or if she was getting a headache, all she cared about was having fun. The song ended too soon but at least she was about to see Liam. She had only met the other members once; it was right after their first tour but they had seemed to hit it off pretty well.

Holly waited around for a large amount of the crowd to disperse before pushing through the ones that had stayed behind. She made her way to where the back stage door was. She held out her pass so the guards could scan it before allowing her to pass. She easily found her way to the boys because of the commotion they were causing. They were still on their adrenaline rush and probably would be for a good few hours.

Holly pressed herself flat against the wall just out of their line of sight. She grabbed her phone and typed a quick text to Liam. She asked how the concert went. It was used to be a quick distraction until she snuck up on him. She sent it to him before tiptoeing behind them; she typed out a quick ‘turn around.’

Liam’s phone buzzed and he looked at it, brows pressed together. He turned around, his eyes widening at the girl behind him. Her dark brown hair was fishtailed and her brown eyes shined. He took in her clothing and laughed, “Team Liam, really Olly?” He opened his arms and pulled her in, giving her a big hug. He rocked her side to side in his arms; Holly leaned her head against his chest.

She smiled, “I missed you so much, Liam. You’ve been so busy lately; I just wanted to surprise you. And the who shirt thing…well, it was that or ‘I love Daddy Direction!’ ; I figure this was the better choice.”