Chapter 4 - She's Gone

Chapter 4
She's Gone
(Jack Frost's POV)

"Your Majesty! Your Majesty! Please wake up! " one of the maid's fearful voice drifted into Jack's head, followed by a frantic knocking. He groaned, slowly sitting up and stretching. Rapunzel, on his left, was opening her eyes blearily, and yawning. She looked up at Jack questionably. The maids didn't usually wake them up at the crack of dawn, and especially not with such a racket.
"Hold on a minute." Jack said tiredly, pulling on his clothes as fast as he could, and stumbled toward the door. Rapunzel pulled on her purple robe as Jack opened the door, and one of the maids came toppling in. Her face was filled with panic. Something was wrong.
"What? What is it?!" Jack asked worriedly.
The maid gazed at him fearfully, "I-I'm sorry to disturb you your Majesty." she said shakily, "B-but it's Princess Anna-"
Jack's eyes widened as thousands of horrible images flashed before his eyes. Without waiting for her to finish he dashed out of the room and down the hall, all traces of weariness gone.
"Jack, wait!" Rapunzel called after him, but he ignored her, and kept running. He had forgotten to grab his staff, so he couldn't fly, but that really didn't matter to him at the moment.
He skidded to a halt in front of Anna's room, and pushed open the door expecting the worst. To his surprise, he found that the room was perfectly neat. Well...neat in Anna's terms. The room was mildly messy, like usual, but the bed was made. The only difference was that there was a portrait hanging above her bed. Before Jack could look at it closer, Rapunzel and the maid came pounding up behind him, followed by North who was pulling on his red coat.
"Jack! What's wrong?" North asked, concerned.
"I...I don't know." Jack replied slightly confused. Then it suddenly dawned on him, "Mandy," he started to say, turning to the maid, "Where exactly is Anna?"
Mandy started twisting her hands, while looking down at the ground.
"Mandy?" Jack asked again, more kindly, "Where is she?"
She looked up, worriedly, her eyes flicking back and forth between North and Jack, "She's gone." she finally stated.
"Gone? Gone where?" North questioned.
"She's just gone." Mandy repeated, "I went to wake her up at dawn like usual, but she wasn't there. I thought at first that she was already up and about, so I went to look for her. Some of the other maids helped me, when I couldn't find her. But it turns out, she's not anywhere in the castle, or on the grounds. She's no where to be found."
"Did you check the town outside?" North asked.
"No, sir. Not yet."
"Could you get to it as fast as you can?" Jack questioned, trying to say it kindly.
"Right away, your Majesty." she said, curtsying, and then dashing down the hall.
"Where could she have gone?" North asked, turning to Jack.
"I don't know," he replied with an uneasy feeling, "But I think I have a vague idea where. Rapunzel what do you think? Rapunzel-?" Jack looked around, until he located her in Anna's room. She must have slipped in while he didn't notice. She was standing near Anna's bed, holding a piece of paper, with a look of horror on her face.
"Rapunzel? What's wrong?" Jack asked concerned, walking towards her quickly.
Rapunzel just looked at him, still horrified, and wordlessly handed him the slip of paper.
He took the paper out of her hands, and saw words hastily scribbled on it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Mum & Dad,

Don't worry, I'm fine. I've gone to look for Elsa. I have a feeling that I will find her, and will manage to bring her back home! Please don't worry, I can take care of myself. I'll be back soon!

Lots of love,
Anna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack re-read the letter over and over again to make sure that he had read it correctly. 'I've gone to look for Elsa. I've gone to look for Elsa. I've gone to look for Elsa.' Those words kept echoing throughout Jack's head. He finally looked up from the paper, speechless.
"I found it in the frame of the portrait." Rapunzel said, gesturing towards the picture framed above Anna's bed.
Jack lifted his eyes towards the portrait, seeing it clearly for the first time. It was the only portrait they had with all of them including Elsa.
"Well, we knew it was only a matter of time before she set off to find her." North said gruffly, putting a hand on Jack's shoulder, "She certainly has your spirit Jack."
"What do you mean by that?" Jack asked, slightly offended as if North was accusing him that he was responsible of this.
"Well think about it," North reasoned, "If you were told that your sister Emma was still alive, and well, wouldn't you do anything in your power to find her?"
Jack was all for it for saying 'No', but held himself back because he knew that wasn't true, "Yes." he finally admitted, hanging his head.
"What are we going to do?" Rapunzel asked worriedly, "She'll certainly run into trouble! What if she's captured by Pitch, as well?!"
Jack looked up at her sadly, "I don't know."

==========================
A/N: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!! :D (It's actually Christmas Eve where I am. Not sure if it's the same for you guys.) Consider this my Christmas present to you! Sorry that it's not much, but I hope you enjoy it anyway! :) Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Thanks for Reading!

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT own any of the characters, places, or objects mentioned in this story!
I only own the storyline!
The rest belong to 'Disney' and 'Dreamworks'!