Ch. 13 El Día De Los Muertos

A/N "I guess it's true, the greatest love stories do always end in tragedies!" -Nya

Jay's P.O.V~

Today was The Day Of The Dead or El Día De Los Muertos. The day we all gather together to celebrate our love ones that have past.

"I still can't believe it's been a year since Nya died!" Kai said tears running down his face.

"Yeah!" I said sadly.

*Flashback*

We were out on mission, trying to stop the Overlord from causing mayhem in New Ninjago City and that's when everything went wrong.

"NYA! WATCH OUT!!" I had shouted as the Overlord shot golden energy after golden energy, trying to it everything in sight.

The rest of the guys were trying to keep him at bay. And that's when everything wet by in a blur.

I saw the Overlord shoot a golden energy ball towards Nya, I ran as fast I could trying to block her, but it was to late! It hit her right in the center of her chest. Nya stumbled back a bit and then just like someone had pushed slow on a remote, she began to fall.

I caught her before she hit the floor, tears running down my face. "It should have been me! I should've tried harder!" I said looking down at her.

"I guess it's true, the greatest love stories do always end in tragedies!" Nya said looking up at me.

I lent down and kissed her one last time on the lips.

"I never wanted to be in your boys club anyways!" She said with her last breath as her eyes fluttered shut.

Who knows how long I sat there for, still holding on to Nya and thinking I'm never going to get kiss her again, she's never going to ask me to help her with anything again.

At some point Kai had come over and put a hand one my shoulder. I turned to see him crying as he hugged him.

Today we both lost someone we loved. Kai lost his little sister and I had lost my girlfriend.

*End Of Flashback*

Kai's P.O.V~

I still can't believe it all happened a year ago today! I thought to myself as we drove to the cemetery. Once we got there, we walked over to Nya's gravestone. HERE LIES NYA SMITH 2001 - 2016! SHE WAS THE BEST LITTLE SISTER SOMEONE COULD EVER ASK FOR AND SHE WAS THE BRAVEST AND THE MOST INDEPENDENT OF ALL OF US. It read.

We walked up and put some fresh flowers down, and lit a few candles. Then we sat down, holding hands and each saying something nice.

"She was the strongest!" Cole said

"The kindest!" Lloyd added.

"And the bravest!" Zane said

"She was the best of friends!" Ronan put in.

"She was the best sister, I could have asked for!" Kai said.

"She was the truest! Jay said.

"Best of the best!" Wu said.

"She may have given up when she got frustrated, but she never quit!" Garmadon said.

"She'll be missed by everyone!" Misako said!"

"She touched the hearts of everyone who met her!" Dareth said.

"She was such a sweetheart!" Ed and Edna said.

"She will forever always be in our hearts!" P.I.X.A.L said.

Jay's P.O.V~

We then sat in silence for a moment, remembering all the good times.

Nya was definitely someone we'd always remember. We all thought.

Just as we were leaving, I started to feel  a little light headed and the next thing I knew everything went black.

I awoke with a start, breathing heavily as sweat poured down my face. It was all just a bad dream. All of a sudden I heard knocking at my door, I went to see who it was.

It was Nya, she was standing there in her pjs, looking worried.

"I heard you scream, what happened?" She asked me.

I must screamed, waking myself up! I thought.

"Please whatever happens, promise me you'll never leave me!?" I said pulling her into me and hugging her as tears started to flow down my face.

"Jay, it was just a bad dream, I'm not going anywhere!" Nya said hugging me tighter!

"Just please promise me!" I said.

"Yes I promise, now lets go get you a cup of tea!" She said as she led me to the kitchen.

A/N OK! Were you crying as you read this? I know I did as I wrote it. I got this idea for this after I watched Marianas Trench's Who Do You Love Music Video (cause it's so jkfjfk) and so I went with it. But I promise that the next chapter will be a happier one. So remember to vote and comment and I see you all tomorrow night. (Not really)

Xox

-Viv