Denial

"No, no, he wouldn't. Anakin is a good person. There's no way he's turned, no way."

"It can't be...It can't be..." Obi-Wan's eyes were glued to the recording. Ahsoka's were as well.

It showed Anakin kneeling before a hooded figure.

"The traitors have been taken care of, Lord Sidious," he said.

"Good...good..." Sidious said. "You have done well, my new apprentice. Do you feel your power growing?"

"Yes, my master," Anakin said, keeping his head bowed.

"Now, Lord Vader, now go and bring peace to the Empire."

"I can't watch anymore," Obi-Wan said, his voice cracking. He turned off the recording.

"I'm going to change the transmitting message... We have to prevent more from meeting our fate." Obi-Wan pressed a button on the keypad and began speaking.

"This is Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. I regret to report that both the Jedi Order and the Republic have fallen, with the dark shadow of the Empire rising to take their place. This message is a warning and a reminder for any surviving Jedi: trust in the Force. Do not return to the Temple; that time has passed and our future is uncertain. We will each be challenged - our trust, our faith, our friendships, but we must persevere, and in time, a new hope will emerge. May the Force be with you, always."

It was the message Ahsoka had heard over and over again in dreams. It had been Obi-Wan, in the future, and it was that vision that allowed her to trust in the Force, even now. He sounded so calm, not at all like someone who'd just seen his best friend murder hundreds of people.

"Thank you, Obi-Wan," Ahsoka said. They bowed their heads to remember their fallen comrades.

Everyone was silent for a few minutes until Yoda spoke up.

"Destroy the Sith, we must."

"Send me to kill the Emperor. I will not kill Anakin," Obi-Wan said, shaking his head violently.

"To fight this Lord Sidious, strong enough, you are not."

"Lord Sidious? I told you not to trust the Chancellor! I told you!" Ahsoka yelled.

"We didn't. We sent Anakin to spy on him after he became a Master and got a seat on the Council."

"Try hard enough, we did not. No time to debate, there is. Obi-Wan, what to do, you know."

"He is like my brother...I cannot do it." Ahsoka stared at the ground. She couldn't believe her eyes.

"Twisted by the dark side, young Skywalker has become. The boy you trained, gone he is... Consumed by Darth Vader." No, no, no, no.

"I don't know where the Emperor has sent him. I don't know where to look."

"Use your feelings, Obi-Wan, and find him, you will. Visit the new Emperor, my task is."

"What about you, Ahsoka?" He and Master Yoda looked over at her.

"I... I have to go," Ahsoka said abruptly.

"Where?" Obi-Wan asked as she started to turn away.

"I need to find Anakin. On my own. I'll meet you later. May the Force be with you both."

"May the Force be with you," they echoed.

As Ahsoka quickly departed from her old friends, she called Ventress, who answered quickly and was waiting for her as Ahsoka descended the steps from the Jedi Temple for the last time.