Chapter 1

"Walk with me, kid," a guy with dark hair and olive skin says. He's not much older than I am. I'm 19 and he can't be over 22. He's not bad looking, either.  He looks like Mr. Perfect with his broad shoulders and lean built, but he's probably not a person I want to associate myself with.

"No," I respond. I don't know him and I've always played it safe. One wrong step and my life could go to hell. My life cannot go to hell.

"Live a little. I'm giving you a free ticket to the wild side of life and you're not taking it." He circles me and creeps in close, tucking a lock of my hair behind my ear. "Unless, of course, you're too scared," He whispers in my ear.

I was just happily enjoying my free time in Hot Topic until this guy showed up. He started talking to me about Green Day since I was looking at the Green Day t-shirts. He played it off as if we were old friends. He could be a great actor if he wanted to.

Normally, I wouldn't go with some stranger, even if he's into the same music as me. I've always played by the rules and things always worked out. But he just called me a coward, and I will not take that. I don't even bother thinking about whether or not future me would scold me.

"I'm not scared. Let's go," I tell him. A stupid smirk makes it's way to his face, as if he won some kind of argument. I don't know how he sees this as some kind of victory.

"So what's your name, kid?" He asks.

I reply drawing out the vowels slightly, "Lauren."

"Well Lauren, have you ever smoked?" He asks me. I shake my head no. I would never smoke. People have offered me a cigarette and I've always said no. I would rather spend money on concerts and clothes, "Would you like to try one?"

"No, I'm good. Thanks though," I reply. I don't want to get hooked.

"Aw, why not Babe?" He asks, slinging an arm around my shoulders.

I try to shrug his arm off of me since I don't know this guy. I don't need him touching me like that. Or you know, calling me "Babe".

"I just don't want to," I tell him.

He leads me to a sleek gray car, which I assume is his. We reach his car and he opens the passenger's door. I'm starting to think this is a bad idea, but what the hell. I'm nineteen, nothing's going to happen. I'll just stay alert and everything wil be fine. I step into the car and sit down.

The sun hangs low in the sky with beautiful swirls of oranges, pinks, and blues. It's quite pretty.

++++

I wake up in the same car to the same guy from earlier tapping my shoulder. He pulls out his phone and says, "We're going to a party. Let loose."

"I didn't agree to that," I say with some anxiety building in.

"You didn't exactly disagree to anything, Sweetheart," he states.

"Then at least tell me your name so I can find you by the end of the night," I reply.

"Ian Palmer," he answers, stepping out of the car.

Well then, I guess I'll be looking out for an Ian Palmer later.

Ian walks into the house that sits in front of us. We seem to be fairly far away from the rest of existence. If anything bad were to happens, help wouldn't be able to arrive in time. But at the same time, they must be far off on purpose. There are probably tons of people drinking, getting high, and fucking all over this house.

Part of me feels like I'm setting myself up for self destruction, but with every step I take, I become more, "curious and curiouser" and I have stepped into the building.

Author's Note: Oops. I haven't updated in a long time but high school is a thing. I hope I have more time to work on this story and other stories as well. But there are two other stories right now that I'm really focused on. Hope to talk to you guys soon!