This Christmas Life

Christmas, to me the longest time of the year. i work at the mall as one of those elves for Santa, worst job ever! the kids come by and wait in line to sit on "Santa's" lap. then they ask for toys and puppy stuff like that, the parents can get what the kids ask for witch i have to write down.

it was almost closing time on Christmas eve the last day i have to work at this horrible job. there was no line and we were going to pack up in just 15 minutes. i felt my phone buzz, it was my mother, of course shes worried.

"mother I'm fine" i told her

we talked for a few minutes and then i hung up. 7 minutes.... 7 minutes...

just as i was going to ask my boss aka "Santa" if i could head out, a little girl walked up. there was no parent around though.

she looked to be older than 4 so i was confused, who would let such a young girl run around this huge mall?

the little girl shyly walked up to my boss and looked up at him

"i have a question," she asked

"yes?" he replied to her

"can you do miracles?" she sadly questioned

he nodded

"well all i want for Christmas is my mommy to get better" she began "see she has been really sick and the nurse lady says she isn't going to get better." she began to cry a little. i felt a few tears come out of my own eyes.

"and see i have none else, my daddy got killed in Afghanistan" she sniffled and wiped her eyes. "i don't wanna be all alone."

my boss wiped his eyes also,

"i can see what i can do" he simply said

"what is your name" he asked her

"Sarah" she told him

"Sarah, ill go back with you and we can see your mom" i piped in

she smiled and took my hand. and actually i don't hate Christmas as mush anymore.