14 . Strength and Apologies (3rd Person POV)

Very short bonus chapter ahead. :]
WARNING : There is some mild abuse in the chapter which can trigger some people. So continue with caution. Don't tell me I didn't warn you. :)

Strength and Apologies

Third person POV :

The hallways were silent, save for the clicking of heels on the tiled floor. The air was thick with the smell of dried blood, burnt flesh, sweat and vomit. Any other person would have gagged and left that place but not her. She was used to it, too used to it. Turning left, the young woman entered the cell, the two guards bowing down at her and allowing her to enter. Sensing another presence in the room, the man inside looked up and smirked at her.

"I presume that all is well, Espona?"

The man had a smile on his face but his tone was anything but happy. She felt a cold shiver travel down her spine as her green eyes meet his malice-filled grey ones.

"Yes. I have led both her and her mate to the old seer's place. He intends to capture the three witches with her." She replied.

A small whimper from the other side of the room diverted their attention. Walking towards the beaten and bloodied woman, Espona couldn't help but grimace at the state of her. Sure she had given her a few punches and kicks but that was nothing compared to the kind of torture she was put through by Versace. She wanted to help her, but she couldn't. Not when it would mean two days of torture for herself and betraying her mate.

She could feel the cold stare of her mate as she bent down to get closer to the woman. She swallowed the disgust she felt at herself and said,

"You hear that you worthless wench? Those bastard children of yours are minutes away from their death. Imagine being killed by your own mate. Oh wait, you don't have to imagine it do you? Your own mate tried to get rid of you, didn't he?" She sneered.
Getting up she kicked the woman in her sides and spat at her. She then walked towards her mate and hugged him.

"You are becoming like me, kitten. Cold and strong. Can't say I don't like it though." Versace told her, kissing her neck and nibbling at her ears.

Espona sighed, her head hidden in the crook of his neck. She hated doing what she did but it was the only way he would accept her. She wanted to prove to him that she was as strong willed as him, that she was worthy of being his mate.

The sharp ringing of his phone broke their hug. He took one look at the caller and left the room, surely to leave on one of his abrupt trips. He left without a goodbye which hurt her lot. But this was another thing she was used to, him choosing everything else over her. But it didn't make her love him any less.

She sighed.
Love really worked in strange ways.

Taking one last look at the passed out woman lying in the other side of the room, she whispered a quick sorry, as she had been doing every time , and left wiping her years away.

"You have to stay strong. You NEED to stay strong." She whispered to herself.

She then straightened up and put on her 'Don't mess with me' face and walked away, looking every bit like the fierce, strong willed and cold-hearted woman everyone believed she was.

=.=.=.=.=.=

A/N :

Too short? I know it was but this was only a bonus chapter introducing some new characters. So how was it? Espona and Versace are mates who have a woman captive. So who do you think that woman is?

And a 1000 reads people!!! Oh mah gawd( I swear I don't speak like that)!
Another friendly reminder for all the stubborn people who refuse to vote:
Vote and comment.

Till next time, stay happy stay safe.
- Kris

Edited - 11/01/2019