cuts- jaxit/milax

"okay, hold still."
jax sniffled, swallowing hard. his bandaged knees were drawn up against his chest, with one arm wrapped around his calves, the other one squeezing miles' hand tightly as kit damped a cotton cloth. jax winced as kit dabbed the wound on jax's elbow. miles rubbed jax's thumb with his own, a worried look lacing his normally calm features. kit massaged some baby soap into the cloth, and gently rubbed his bruised scape. jax whimpered in pain, burying his head into his knees. when he looked up, miles sighed, then chuckled.
"jax, you unstuck the bandaid."
"oh."
miles awkwardly fumbled for the large bandages and and knocked over the cotton balls, for his dominant hand was clinging onto jax's. kit kneeled pick up the box that miles had grabbed. jax's eyes were fixated on the tiled floor as kit wiped the thin layer of vaseline from above his eyebrows. kit rubbed jax's shoulder, smiling softly.
"you're gonna be fine, okay? you'll be fine."
"yeah," jax choked out, "i know. im just being a big baby about a skateboard accident."
"well, you're our favorite big baby," miles chimed in. jax smirked.
"thanks."
miles kissed the back of jax's hand, and kit lay her head on jax's shoulder. jax closed his eyes and draped his arm around kit, laying his head on top of her's. miles crawled next to jax, and snuggled up against him. jax reconnected their hands, smiling. finally, he thought, a moment of peace during a hectic night.