i care- jaxit/milax

tw: depression and all that shit

jax lay on his bed, tears staining on his cheeks. he felt utterly worthless just five minutes before, as if his absence wouldn't cause a ripple. he imagined a world spinning without him, a world where he was replaced in an instant, a world where his passing would only impact the population for an instant. he dared to dream that the world would be better without him, that kit and miles would be happier if he was out of their lives. his teachers would have to grade one less paper, his parents would have to clean one less room, and his peers would have to bump into one less nobody in the halls.
when miles heard this, heard that jax felt like this, that he was convinced that this was the truth, he shattered inside. kit felt her heart drop to her stomach, and her guts twisted. "why does he feel like this?" she asked herself. "who made him feel like this?" all she could think of was jax having felt like this for who knows how long. miles couldn't shake the idea that he could've somehow stopped this thought process. he couldn't help but feel like it was his fault, though jax didn't blame him, or anyone in particular. he blamed himself, actually, for being this way. kit threw herself on top of jax, hugging him like they were glued together. miles sat next to jax and melted into his embrace.
"you're anything but what you keep telling yourself you are," whispered miles. "you mean the world to both of us. and don't you forget it."

here enjoy this cheesy angsty stuff and send in prompts so i don't have to google some