twenty-nine

hoseok raced down the hall, for once not giving a shit about the heavy thundering his footsteps were producing as his eyes flicked between door numbers, searching desperately for that one specific number.

398, 398, 398 . . .

he almost tripped over his own feet as a spasm went through his right leg, taehyung's phone that he'd hastily stuffed into his pocket buzzing.

the panting man stopped abruptly, mouth stretching into a vengeful scowl as he dug into the pocket.

"if he's going to violate my privacy," he muttered indignantly, slamming his hand into the side of the phone with unnecessary force to switch it on, "i'll violate his!"

1 new message(s) from urhope

hoseok took a moment to process this.

"did he just fuckingㅡ" he could feel another of those angry guttural growls rising in his throat, but he fought it down, instead opening the messaging app. his texting thumbs hovered over the screen in preparation to type out a series of not-so-nice texts, "i swear toㅡ"

>urhope
holy shit i love you

hoseok almost dropped the phone.

DID HE JUST F

memehyung<
lashdlaksldKJADHLI WLASn

memehyung<
laskxmzq

memehyung<
WTF HOW DARE YOU

memehyung<
I WAS ABOUT TO INSULT YOU SO HARD UR SELF ESTEEM WOULD NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN AND YOU FUCKIBGF WNCLAKSD

>urhope
yo mama jokes i'm guessing

memehyung<
stfu

memehyung<
WAIT BITCH WTF

memehyung<
I CANT BELIEVE THAT YOU

>urhope
where are u you hoe

memehyung<
seok

memehyung<
searching for ur ass

memehyung<
where are u you meme

memehyung<
meme

memehyung<
MEME

memehyung<
HEY

hoseok swung the phone around as if he was playing mario kart, with an equal amount of frustration as he would have had if he had been doing so. "REPLYㅡYOUㅡPIECEㅡOFㅡ"

"heyㅡHEY, STOP THAT!"

he wheeled around in surprise, then almost flinged the damn phone at the approaching taehyung from his built-up swirl of emotions, but stopped himself from doing so on noticing his clasped in the boy's hand.

he pointed at taehyung in a wordless motion for him to stop right fucking there, eyes narrowed dangerously. taehyung obeyed, hands raised as if to say i'm unarmed don't attack me pls.

two sides watched each other cautiously, hoseok's eyes fixated on the prize in the other's hand. attack or negotiate?

"let's not make this any harder than it has to be," hoseok finally said carefully, choosing the latter to avoid any more possible damage to his state. "you give me my phone. i give you yours. we run off to our respective rooms, i questioning life, while you do whatever the fuck little shits do after they use the three words through text on their unsuspecting boyfriends." he waved the phone agitatedly for emphasis. "TEXT, TAEHYUNG. TEXT!"