twenty-two

hello its been a few decades how is everyone doing (-:::

¡¡ kinda long chapter ahead !!

[ + ]

"iㅡi don't know what to say, taehyung. i'm so sorry . . ."

hoseok tightened his hold around the younger's shoulders, rubbing his forearm soothingly as he watched his face in concern.

"will you be okay?" he added softly.

taehyung sniffled, swiping a hand over his eyes. "i don't know if i'll ever be okay again, hyung. i justㅡ" he gasped as a sob escaped his throat and covered his mouth with a hand. the next words he said came out in a tiny, muffled voice, "i never expected jungkook wouldㅡthat heㅡ"

"it's okay," hoseok cooed, raising his hand from taehyung's arm to pull his head onto his shoulder. "it's okay, tae. i'm here. it's okay."

"i just thoughtㅡi thought he was my friend."

"he is your friend, taehyung."

"iㅡi thought we had something, but thisㅡthisㅡ"

"okay." hoseok exhaled, pinching the bridge of his nose with one hand and raising the other in a 'stop' sign. "that's enough. i'm done humoring this."

"no, this isㅡ" taehyung's previously puffy eyes blazed with a sudden rage. "this is unforgivable. like how dare he. fucking scum, i'll kill him in the most revolting way possibㅡOW!"

his sudden exclamation of pain had been the result of hoseok jutting his shoulder up in annoyance, which had jarred into the cheek taehyung had so fondly placed on it.

taehyung clutched said cheek, then repeated, eyes wide with hurt, "ow."

"you better fuckin' ow. you are such a baby, you know that?" hoseok reached for the white-cased phone clutched tightly in taehyung's hand. "just give me that and quit your damn whining."

taehyung hissed, batting away hoseok's approaching hand. "i was wrong about jungkook, but i didn't know i was wrong about you."

"for the love of god, boyㅡ"

"i thought you cared."

"just hand me the phone."

"i trusted you."

hoseok gritted his teeth, curling his handsㅡwhich were on the verge of choking taehyung to goddamn hellㅡinto his hair. "why are you acting like it's such a big stupid deal?"

"because it is!" taehyung raised his trembling hand to face level, jungkook's phone flashing in it. "look at me, hyung. i'm shedding man tears. my nose doesn't even sound weird anymore. theㅡthe disrespect of this, it's justㅡunfathomableㅡ"

"quit it, man."

"HOW COULD HE NOT HAVE A SINGLE MEME OF ME, HOSEOK?" taehyung shrieked, clenching his quivering fingers around the phone tighter and raising his other hand to do the same, as if strangling the inanimate object. "HYUNG? TELL ME! HOW COULD HE NOT?"

"i can't even begin to understand the turmoil you must be going through right now," hoseok said slowly, hoping that by being sympathetic he'd somewhat soothe the boy, but clearly failing from taehyung's unchanged expression. "god, just give me the phone before you do anything stupidㅡ"

"of course you wouldn't understand," taehyung snarled, dangling the phone at a distance. "he has over fifty memes of you."

"i'm sorry, taehyung, now please justㅡ"