Chapter 7: The cloudy explanation

Him or me-whats it gonna be - Paul Revere and The Raiders

~¤~

I almost ran up the escalator, pushing people and earning colorful curses from them. To hell with them. I didn't care. I needed that guy to stay away from her if I wanted to have a chance with her. As long as he was there, I didn't have any chance.

I stumbled upon the landing and ran across to the dressing store. I grinned as I saw the sign and was about to enter and ask Reina to come out so that the asshole can leave her, when I froze.

The scene in front of me was something I didn't ever wanna remember. Ever.

The store was moderately crowded and people weren't paying attention to each other. They were busy buying, looking at dresses and bargaining prices.

Reina was at a far secluded corner in front of a full length mirror almost hidden by the stack of clothes racks. Nobody was looking for clothes at that particular spot. But that wasn't what made me freeze.

It was the fact that Axel Hills stood behind her, his hands on her shoulder. Her back was pressed against his chest. She was wearing that silver dress and that price tag was out. Her hair which was in a bun before was now lying open and flowing down past her shoulders to her back. Axel had her hair needle in his hand.

She was looking blank as she stared at the mirror. Axel was staring at her with desire as he looked at their reflections. I could see the lust dancing in his eyes. Reina looked confused and lost with her mouth parted as she stared at their reflections.

Something happened. Something weird because I couldn't move. I wanted to wrench him away from her but I couldn't move my feet. Maybe because I hadn't witnessed such things and it was a shock that Reina was standing there and not protesting at all.

Axel suddenly leaned in and whispered something in her ears slowly. Instantly, Reina turned bright red as she looked around awkwardly. Axel chuckled at her reaction and his hands slowly moved past her shoulders to rest on her waist where they locked themselves tightly.

The worst part was Reina made no attempt again to move his hands. She looked completely hypnotised and transfixed by his gaze. He again murmured something in her ears. Reina finally said something which wasn't much, I guess because that made Axel smirk even more.

She turned to face him and I saw the bastard's eyes landing on her lips. Reina looked absolutely bewitched. She was staring at Axel as if she was seeing him in a new light. Axel leaned in slowly. She snapped her eyes shut.

She wasn't going to stop him. He was leaning in slowly and steadily, his eyes shut too.

Thats when I finally gathered the courage and shouted walking in, "Reina!"

Immediately, Axel and Reina's eyes flew open and she shoved him away and stumbled few feet away from him, tugging at her dress and looking uncomfortable with the whole situation. Axel sighed, closing his eyes and shaking his head in disappointment, murmuring something to himself. Reina looked at me completely flushed, "D-Derek."

"Check this out, my new addition!" Jake's voice floated inside. I saw Axel pushing the hair needle in Reina's hand and she quickly walked back inside the trial room before shooting me a nervous glance.

"Where is Reina?" Jake asked, glancing around after looking up from his prized possession.

"In the trial room," Axel said, pursing his lips.

He had no idea what kind of rage I was feeling. White, hot angry rage that made me want to torture him and feed him to dogs. It was a good thing that we were in a public place, otherwise he would be in the hospital now.