Chapter 9

Emily's POV

Later that day, at around 9:00p.m, Liam comes comes and takes me to his room. Gently he places me down on his bed before sitting down beside me. I stare at the walk ahead of me, in no mood to talk to anyone at the moment.

"Emily, please tell me what's wrong." Liam begs and I shake my head. "There's nothing to tell." I say, my voice monotone. "Yes there is Emily. We all know that you haven't been the same since the accident, please just let me in. I can be your shoulder to lean on, I can be there for you when it counts the most." He pleads and I shrug my shoulders.

"What do you want me to say?"

He sighs in frustration and I really don't blame him, I've been like this to everyone. The boys insisted that I stay with them but I've been to shell-shocked to actually talk to them normally. Usually I sit around, thinking about what I could be doing if it wasn't for my leg.

"You know exactly what I want you to say Emily, but that's not at all how you're feeling. It's plain as day that you're broken, I just want to know how I can fix you." Liam says and for the first time I turn and look him in the eyes.

"You want to know how you can really fix me?" My voice cracks and Liam nods his head furiously. "To bad Liam because once something's broken it can never truly be fixed again. It's like if you broke a mirror and you tried to glue all the pieces back together, you can still see the cracks and some of the pieces might not fit right therefore it is not truly fixed. You nor anybody else can truly fix me."

Liam sits there, a shocked expression on his face. I take that as my cue to leave. Slowly I grab my crutches before making my way out of his room to the kitchen, only to run into Niall.

"Hey Emily." He says and I nod at him in response, not in the mood to talk anymore. Silently we continue to make whatever we were to begin with. That is until Niall breaks the silence.

"What is your deal?" He asks angrily. I shrug my shoulders. "What do you mean?" I ask, my voice once again monotone. "I mean that we've just been trying to help you and you've been blocking us out, completely ignoring us when we talk to you and being a total bitch." I turn to look at Niall before boldly stating, "You know what Niall, you would act the same way I am if you got a career ending injury thanks to your ex and their friends. If that's not the worst part though they're making you stay with them to 'help you'. All I've gotten from you guys since the accident is criticized and when I get criticized over and over I just start to shut down so I don't have to cope with it. That's my fucking deal." I spat and he looks at me shocked.

Before he can say anything there's a knock at the door.

Niall walks out of the kitchen to answer the door and I'm left in the kitchen alone. Sighing, I finish making my sandwich before walking into the living room.

I sit down on the couch, placing my casted leg on a pillow. Biting down into my delicious sandwich I can't help but look over my shoulder to see Harry standing there, smirking at me. My questioning look is all the prompting he needs before coming over and sitting beside me.

''Is little Emily a bit, what's the word, aggravated?" I roll my eyes. "You be to if you got a career ending injury.'' I mumble and he laughs, a hearty laugh. ''You don't have to be so sour. We can help you find a job that you'll love even more then playing soccer.'' Harry says which causes me to scoff. ''Fat chance of that, there's nothing I love more then soccer especially playing soccer.'' Harry huffs. ''We'll find something.'' He says and I look at him confused. ''Why do you want to help me so much. I thought you didn't like me anymore?" I ask him. He shifts uncomfortably in his spot for a moment before finally replying. "Why wouldn't I care?" He shoots be an annoyed look and I look at him in disbelief. "Considering the fact that you've been nothing but an ass towards me, I never expected you to act compassionate towards me." Harry sighs before getting up.

He turns and extends his hand out for me to take. I look at him strangely before gently placing my hand in his. Swiftly he pulls me to my feet before wrapping one of his arms around my waist. Carefully he helps me walk to wherever he's taking me and at that point, I didn't really care where we were going anyways.

Eventually we find ourselves at a little park. Harry leads me towards the swings before helping me sit down. Gently I rock back and forth, waiting for Harry to talk as he mimics my actions on his own swing.

"Will you ever forgive me?" Harry's voice comes out barely audible that I almost didn't hear him. "What do you mean?" I look over at him to see that his eyes are already locked onto me. "I mean, will you ever forgive me and maybe we could start over?" He looks at me with hopeful eyes, begging for me to say that 'yes, there's a high chance that we could get back together.' But sadly for him that's not necessarily the case, at the moment.

__

Hey guys! How was this chapter?? I'm so sorry that I haven't updated recently but we were trying to wrap up our assignments before the winter break, I had a math test and there was some school drama that I got sucked into. But now I'm on Christmas break so hopefully I can update more. Fingers crossed!

Please comment, vote and fan!

Merry Christmas!! Happy Hanukkah! ETC...!

-S.M